Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't very impressed with Shaun Johnson. Apart from a few good bombs which any good playmaker should be able to do his execution was pretty poor. He was lucky he didn't lose the game for the Warriors. I certainly don't think he is the answer to our problems that many on here think he is.

Fair call tbh ........his decision making is woeful and he has NFI how to build pressure on the other team. All he seems to know is the high risk low percentage move that when it comes off looks great.....when it doesn't? Well.....

Remember the time Wallace played in a Grand Final?

Me neither.

Remember the time Wallace scored a great try in a Grand Final?

Me neither.
Remember that time Wallace was influential in leading his side to a grand final?

Better yet: remember that time Wallace played in a grand final? Wait, that was Shane Perry!!

Remember that time Wallace was influential in leading his side to a grand final?

Better yet: remember that time Wallace played in a grand final? Wait, that was Shane Perry!!

Remember that time when Wallace was leading us to the final along with Locky and Wallace getting injured pretty much killed the season?

Remember that time when Wallace was leading us to the final along with Locky and Wallace getting injured pretty much killed the season?
So what you're saying is, in all the seasons he played alongside Lockyer, he didn't get to the final? Not even once? Yeah, I thought that was the case.

Look I agree with what you're thinking, this is stupid, the tit-for-tat stuff, but the fact is for all the shitness Johnson displayed on the weekend, he still is a better player than Wallace. One good kicking display doesn't overturn seasons of underwhelming performance.

Any chance we can drop the Wallace garbage? I think we can take it as read that over three quarters of this forum hates him and there is no point debating his merits one way or the other. Any thread that has any relation to the broncos seems to get derailed by wallace hate and the actual discussion gets shafted. It's really frustrating cos the facts are his here whether you like it or not and the argument has been done to death.

Lost this post in a thread merge:

I don't think he would have made much of a difference, look at the Storm's form in the lead up to the Grand Final.

Round 25: 38-4
Round 26: 30-0
Qual Final: 40-12
Prelim Final: 40-10

Still, Wallace thoroughly outplayed him. :001_tt2:

True.....but that's more a reflection on just how bad Johnson was and shouldn't be misconstrued as Wallace being anything other than his usual mediocre self.

:winky:

I wasn't very impressed with Shaun Johnson. Apart from a few good bombs which any good playmaker should be able to do his execution was pretty poor. He was lucky he didn't lose the game for the Warriors. I certainly don't think he is the answer to our problems that many on here think he is.
tumblr_inline_mjkw9sQHdX1qz4rgp.jpg

Wish List: Kevin Locke to FB or 5/8

Locke at 5/8 makes me laugh. He has shown very little to suggest he would suit the position. He ball plays ok as a fullback but it isn't his strength.

His ball playing at fullback is seemingly very underrated. He plays for his outside men as much as himself, so if he sees an opportunity he'll try to create something out of it. This is unlike guys like Hoffman, Dugan, and seemingly Norman now too, who seem to play for themselves first.
I don't think he's a 5/8th though, which is really just another halfback these days.

True.....but that's more a reflection on just how bad Johnson was and shouldn't be misconstrued as Wallace being anything other than his usual mediocre self.

:winky:
Nah, it showed that with a good game plan and forwards dominating, Wallace can be very good organising and steering the team around the park, while SJ is exactly what Mister Wright said. A selfish player with the ability to do freakish things, but clueless to guide his team around him.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love SJ at the club, but only WITH Wallace to do the "boring halves stuff", and Johnson for the X-factor. Much like the Titans have with Sezer and Kelly at the moment, or even Souffs with Reynolds and Sutton.

As to Locke, I seriously haven't seen any of this ball playing ability some people seem to think he have.

The Broncos didn't present the Warriors with a broken line and space for SJ and Locke to profit from, and they were both cod ordinary!

His ball playing at fullback is seemingly very underrated. He plays for his outside men as much as himself, so if he sees an opportunity he'll try to create something out of it. This is unlike guys like Hoffman, Dugan, and seemingly Norman now too, who seem to play for themselves first.
I don't think he's a 5/8th though, which is really just another halfback these days.

Well, Locke seemed to do a few nice things yesterday with his passing game, and he did offer to play 5/8 if/when Tomkins arrives.

I honestly don't believe it would take too much to turn him into a great 1st/2nd receiver.

Yes, I am biased. I really like Locke and think he is under-rated and I am hoping if Tomkins does sign with the Warriors, they show him the door ... to Brisbane.

In fact, I'd rather Locke than Johnson who I think still has a lot to learn. We gave him space and time yesterday and he did bugger-all

apparently Timu is going on mormon mission next year.

Is that confirmed noisetheory?

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • theshed
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • Huge
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.