Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would definitely need a solid organiser at 7 and someone who takes the pressure off him, problem is he can also disappear leaving the half to do all the work like when paired with Genia for the Wallabies.

I'd be willing to see how he would go with Wallace and maybe Hunt as options we already have as.

Yep, different game league though. I reckon it would be easy to go missing in Union. He would have more space in League as well. Definitely need an organizer in 7.

I haven't been here long enough to know if it's already been discussed, but when is K Hunt off contract? Ticks all the boxes, has pretty much done what he's wanted to achieve in AFL (and it's not like he'll get a premiership with the Suns in the next 20 years), so why not get him back to the club that made him famous?

You could justify a decent chunk, I'm talking $700k+, for him. He was Australian fullback at his peak, the ball-skills of a half, and always gave the club 110%. And he's only, what, 27-28? AFL wouldn't have been as hard on his body physically so we'd have at least a good 5 years of good service, likely more.

other than his physical condition not being up for the NRL anymore.......would need to bulk up again, big time.

But, that aside

**** him....and at 700K? Double **** him....

He left us in a hole IMO. I'm still harbouring a grudge......

Last edited:
other than his physical condition not being up for the NRL anymore.......would need to bulk up again, big time.

But, that aside

**** him....and at 700K? Double **** him....

He left us in a hole IMO. I'm still harbouring a grudge......

He wanted a new challenge and took the chance, it's the clubs fault for hanging so much on a guy who hadn't signed. It's the same situation the Lakers are in at the moment hanging so much hope on a certain D.Coward, as much as I'm over the guy the club shouldn't have banked so much on one guy.

I think you might have it the wrong way around sadly, The eels at least have a coach who is willing to work on the issues and do something about the performance. Griffin is just selecting the same guys regardless of result and hoping it fixes itself.

I'm more of the opinion that Ricky has NFI how to coach, and he'll keep blaming everyone else before he looks in the mirror. This team sucks. FIRE HALF OF THEM. Our team misses tackles. DEMOTE THE PLAYER THAT MISSED THE MOST!

I'm more of the opinion that Ricky has NFI how to coach, and he'll keep blaming everyone else before he looks in the mirror. This team sucks. FIRE HALF OF THEM. Our team misses tackles. DEMOTE THE PLAYER THAT MISSED THE MOST!

Agree 100%. I think dropping players can really be an effective strategy, just look at what Maguire was doing at the Rabbitohs. If a couple of players are really fucking underperforming then drop them ASAP, it forces them to either lift their game and earn back their starting spot or it gives someone else a chance to show what they are capable of and potentially replace them. The other major benefit is that it shows every single other member of the team that if they also don't perform then they too will get dropped, basically you either perform or your out. This is my major criticism of Hook, he is happy to just keep picking the same squad over and over again even though half of them currently don't deserve to be playing NRL.

Agree 100%. I think dropping players can really be an effective strategy, just look at what Maguire was doing at the Rabbitohs. If a couple of players are really ****ing underperforming then drop them ASAP, it forces them to either lift their game and earn back their starting spot or it gives someone else a chance to show what they are capable of and potentially replace them. The other major benefit is that it shows every single other member of the team that if they also don't perform then they too will get dropped, basically you either perform or your out. This is my major criticism of Hook, he is happy to just keep picking the same squad over and over again even though half of them currently don't deserve to be playing NRL.

So you agree with Ricky (not me)? I'm going to have to re-evaluate my life choices if I've been outsmarted by freaken Sticky Stuart!

So you agree with Ricky (not me)? I'm going to have to re-evaluate my life choices if I've been outsmarted by freaken Sticky Stuart!

Damn it! I didn't ready your post correctly. I still agree with you that Sticky Stuart is a piece of shit coach but I also agree with the strategy of dropping players. Basically, you are both right :)

Damn it! I didn't ready your post correctly. I still agree with you that Sticky Stuart is a piece of **** coach but I also agree with the strategy of dropping players. Basically, you are both right :)

Of course I am both right.

Imagine if Fourex and Hayseed came together:

I heard they do.....

Maranta_zps8f620d56.jpg

Quality, as always.

They say Barba to Broncs now firming

In which case, I'm firming

Apparently Izzy not lost to Union yet
touch and go

Would amaze me if he left Union tbh. World cup etc although with the new coach, he may not be selected. Doubt it though

barba is happening.

We know he's 'happening' just look at his EBC tatt but is he coming to the Broncos

Of course I am both right.

Oh you.

I'm not saying he is a great coach or going to take Parra to the finals, I'm saying from outside looking in on both teams Stuart is doing a lot more than Griffin to try and turn their respective teams around.

Eels and Broncos both look to be done for 2013 (Fingers crossed Brisbane turn it around) however come 2014 one team has cleaned out and is looking to change while the other team doesn't appear to have any plans in place. We are losing Norman and unless players fall into our laps signing nobody.

You know, I think @Morkel's post is the most 'liked' post ever on BHQ... says it all about how highly we rate Maranta. :laugh:

I read somewhere that Griffin was on the radio and actually said that the Broncos are opening the cheque book but they're just not announcing/confirming anything until everything's locked in. Surely he wasn't referring to just Tasi and his brother...

im pretty confident we are doing something for next year.

i thought it was pretty funny last friday night when the broncos twitter angrily responded to myself and a friend that they ARE actively in the market right now

You know, I think @Morkel's post is the most 'liked' post ever on BHQ... says it all about how highly we rate Maranta. :laugh:

headbanger.gif

There's no chance morkel and Harry sack are thhe same people

TBH, when we first crossed paths on another forum, I thought exactly the same thing. Harry Sack is far more likeable though. I just tend to get in to fighties.

TBH, when we first crossed paths on another forum, I thought exactly the same thing. Harry Sack is far more likeable though. I just tend to get in to fighties.

Agreed .......Harry is heaps more likeable than you.

Heaps !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Dexter
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • eggstar10
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Astro
  • Redfern_1980
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Howie
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.