Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't consider that tbh, wanting to win a premiership together before the salary cap makes it impossible. I guess I'd probably do the same too if they were my brothers (and if I had brothers...).

Guess I'll have to relegate myself to Sacks stance, chase them next contract.

I don't watch the footy show or any NRL show for that matter so if they've said it on those, it'd be why I haven't heard them say it en masse.

EDIT: beaten to the punch re: burgess brothers

Last edited:
I agree with everyone else, there was no way we were signing a Burgess for next year. I also don't think we needed them, we have a brilliant forward pack for next year already.

Agreed broncospwn, both Kennedy and Tasi have been smart and well valued pickups, with Anderson and Lui off contract its a huge stepup for us not just in forward grunt but depth which will improve immensely.

While we could use some depth in the backs if we get Barba who will be fullback and Copley, Kahu and maybe JYY are fit our backline looks in a good position. We've also got young Tasi Tasi who you would think would be ready for a call up if needed. Just really need to pick up a quality half and some halves depth and we are in pretty good shape.

Is it just me or have we not even heard of the Kennedy signing since the first rumour? You'd think we would've officially signed him by now.

Also; Locke could ditch Warriors | NRL | Zero Tackle

That's good news if true, Locke replacing Barba, Barba to Broncos OR Locke to Broncos, Barba either stays in Sydney or goes to NQ/GC

99.9% Just working out final details
NRL360 said he is at Broncos next year on the show last night

I thought he was off contract at the end of 2013 not 2014 as stated in the article.

kevin locke@kevinlocke012m
It's not true I'm staying here

if you want to get cryptic.. "its not true, i am staying here", or "its not true (that) i am staying here" lol

the first is obviously what he meant.

Well if Tomkins signs, which I believe he will, then someone in the current Warriors lineup misses out. Probs Leuluai.

Roosters gave him permission to leave

Sorry I was talking about Locke. I meant to quote the post with the article related to him possibly leaving NZ.

Is it just me or have we not even heard of the Kennedy signing since the first rumour? You'd think we would've officially signed him by now.

Channel 9 were talking about his signing to the Broncos on the news last night when they were talking about Tasi as well. His signed, 3 year deal.

While we could use some depth in the backs if we get Barba who will be fullback and Copley, Kahu and maybe JYY are fit our backline looks in a good position. We've also got young Tasi Tasi who you would think would be ready for a call up if needed. Just really need to pick up a quality half and some halves depth and we are in pretty good shape.

No way is Tasi playing NRL next year.

Lui moved to a second tier contract next year, also Strasser picks one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Dreaglor
  • Aldo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Muros
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • Lazza
  • cento
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.