Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think depth could be handy with our luck in those positions over the last few years, and with Hodges another year older too. I'd have him back, for sure - the kid can finish!

Winterstein or Maranta?

I think that's all that needs to be said.

As much as I'd hate it to say maybe we should plan for JYY not returning

Would anyone be keen on Antonio Winterstein returning for 2014?

For sure, until barba has signed I'd love the club to have a contingency plan on a winger and winterstein while not being a super star has good speed and a solid overall game.

im in the jyy won't unfortunately be back so until the Milford/barba signings are finalised we currently have Hoffman/hodges/reed/Copley/kahu as first grade standard backs. 3 of those are injury prone and one is probably a future back rower so yeah, I'd take winter.

FWIW I just got a text from a friend saying that Kevie will be our assistant next year. His housemate is involved with QLD refs. Take with a grain of salt.

no chance whatsoever... How on earth would Griffin agree to work with someone who's just been speculated as a possible successor for his job?!

There's absolutely no way that partnership would work

Last edited:
Winter is a good player. He has definitely improved since leaving the Broncs, much more all-round player. If he came relatively cheaply, he'd be great.

no chance whatsoever... How on earth would Griffin agree to work with someone who's just been speculated as a possible successor for his job?!

Suggested by who? Gordon Tallis?

Speculated is the key word in there, speculated by the media. If he takes everything the media says on board, he should choose another profession tbh. Anyway, like I said, take with a grain of salt. The partnership I would be more concerned with is Alfie and Kevie being reunited.

I'm going to give some credit to Andrew Gee.

In the space of one season he's asked Wallace to leave, is getting rid of Anderson, more or less telling Lui to go elsewhere for an NRL contract, signed Tasi and Kennedy and is likely to sign Barba and Milford. That's some good work, especially if he can pull of the last two.

I admit, when I saw the list on the fox website of players with no home for 2014 ... I did think Winterstein stood out.

The other few I thought worth considering were

* Koriobete (is he injury plagued?) & Meaney from the Tigers
* maybe a veteran backup hooker of which there are a couple on the list - short term only
* then there are a few that if they were at the right price I would consider mainly as backup types like Bosden, Seluini, Vaivai, Bolton

Oink !

Players off contract for 2014:
KNIGHTS
Zane Tetevano, Matt Hilder, Chris Adams, Neville Costigan, Timana Tahu, Siuatonga Likiliki, Peter Mata’utia, Anthony Quinn, Ryan Stig, Josh Mantellato, Craig Gower
COWBOYS
Anthony Mitchell, Antonio Winterstein, Clint Greenshields, Scott Bolton, Glenn Hall, Blake Leary
PANTHERS
Nathan Smith, Ryan Simpkins, Cameron Ciraldo, Geoff Daniela, Danny Galea, Clint Newton, Travis Robinson

DRAGONS
Bronx Goodwin, Matt Cooper, Junior Vaivai, Leeson Ah Mau, Nathan Fien, Will Matthews, Matt Prior, Chase Stanley, Charly Runciman
SHARKS
Nathan Gardner, John Morris, Ben Pomeroy, Ben Ross, Jon Green, Stewart Mills, Mark Taufua, Matt Wright, Nathan Stapleton
RABBITOHS
Shaun Corrigan, Matt King, Thomas Burgess, Michael Crocker, Andrew Everingham
EELS
Ben Roberts, Matt Keating, Taniela Lasalo, Willie Tonga, Nathan Smith, Jake Mullaney, Pat O’Hanlon, Api Pewhairangi, Brayden Williame, Cheyse Blair, Vai Toutai
TIGERS
Marika Koriobete, Matt Groat, Joel Reddy, Matt Utai, Lote Tuqiri, Sean Meaney, Matt Bell, Masada Iosefa
ROOSTERS
Anthony Minichello, Sonny Bill Williams, Jack Bosden, Nafe Seluini
WARRIORS
Nathan Friend, Steve Rapira,Jerome Ropati

ok that list in that article is full of errors ... Winterstein according to Zero Tackle is contracted until end 2016 ... wtf

and there are lots more interesting possibilities out there anyway ... my bad

Oink !

I would love to get Koroibete, he's a fantastic talent and could even be our first choice winger along with Hoffman. I rate him highly, he's super powerful, very quick, young and knows his way to the tryline. I would take him over Winterstein for sure.

Gardner / Stapleton also have the potential to be good wingers.

Didn't Koro sign a new contract the other week?

I'd take Gardner for sure, but his injury history is a bit of a concern. Electric player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Aldo
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Old Mate
  • Wild Horse
  • Big Del
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.