Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely that's a gee up !? :001_unsure:

Maranta will turn into a good player.

No, he really won't.

He has no real size/power benefit over other wingers in the comp and seems to lack any speed off the mark or aggression. Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

But, thats just my opinion and is no more valid or invalid than yours so i respect your stance :thumbup1:

No, he really won't.

He has no real size/power benefit over other wingers in the comp and seems to lack any speed off the mark or aggression. Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

But, thats just my opinion and is no more valid or invalid than yours so i respect your stance :thumbup1:

he has no finishing skills and no balls, when they made a break last week and the passed of to maranta he could have finished it off but he did a crappy step and had no pace behind him, he needs a bit of mongrel in him. the only thing he has at the moment is a decent catch, but too improve that he needs more size.

Brisbane Broncos set to reward good form of Josh Hoffman with contract extension | News.com.au

THE Broncos will move to extend Josh Hoffman's contract to negate the threat of rugby's Queensland Reds and quash fears Ben Barba's likely arrival could force him out of Red Hill.

In a boost for Hoffman ahead of Sunday's clash against the Dragons, the Broncos hierarchy regard the Kiwi Test fullback so highly they are keen to secure him for an extended term.
Hoffman is contracted to the Broncos until the end of 2015, but his reluctant switch to the wing this year, coupled with Brisbane's interest in Barba, raised concerns about his immediate future.
On the periphery, the Reds have circled, inquiring about a cross-code defection last year and advising his manager they are ready to pounce should Hoffman want out.
New Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie is a fan of Hoffman, keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old during his time in charge at Queensland before his ascension to the national post.
But Brisbane insist there is room for both Hoffman and Barba at Red Hill, with operations chief Andrew Gee to deliver an upgrade that could make the 25-year-old a Bronco for life.
"Josh has been on the Reds' radar for some time. They are always asking me if he's happy at the Broncos and if he's not happy, let them know," said Hoffman's agent Paul Hogan.
"Ewen McKenzie (former Reds coach now in charge of the Wallabies) has had an eye out for Josh. He has always liked him as a footballer, last year the Reds asked whether he would consider rugby, and that is understandable.
"Josh is locked in for the short-term at the Broncos and they have indicated they would like to extend further, which would be great.
"At this stage, Josh is happy at the Broncos and still wants to achieve plenty in rugby league."

Brisbane Broncos set to reward good form of Josh Hoffman with contract extension | News.com.au

THE Broncos will move to extend Josh Hoffman's contract to negate the threat of rugby's Queensland Reds and quash fears Ben Barba's likely arrival could force him out of Red Hill.

In a boost for Hoffman ahead of Sunday's clash against the Dragons, the Broncos hierarchy regard the Kiwi Test fullback so highly they are keen to secure him for an extended term.
Hoffman is contracted to the Broncos until the end of 2015, but his reluctant switch to the wing this year, coupled with Brisbane's interest in Barba, raised concerns about his immediate future.
On the periphery, the Reds have circled, inquiring about a cross-code defection last year and advising his manager they are ready to pounce should Hoffman want out.
New Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie is a fan of Hoffman, keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old during his time in charge at Queensland before his ascension to the national post.
But Brisbane insist there is room for both Hoffman and Barba at Red Hill, with operations chief Andrew Gee to deliver an upgrade that could make the 25-year-old a Bronco for life.
"Josh has been on the Reds' radar for some time. They are always asking me if he's happy at the Broncos and if he's not happy, let them know," said Hoffman's agent Paul Hogan.
"Ewen McKenzie (former Reds coach now in charge of the Wallabies) has had an eye out for Josh. He has always liked him as a footballer, last year the Reds asked whether he would consider rugby, and that is understandable.
"Josh is locked in for the short-term at the Broncos and they have indicated they would like to extend further, which would be great.
"At this stage, Josh is happy at the Broncos and still wants to achieve plenty in rugby league."

very good to hear!!!

Great news for the Broncos. Josh is a great asset to the team and I can see him making a good fist of the Centre position when Hodges retires. He's got good size, aggression, a good fend and he's a fast and powerful runner. He'll make a great Centre.

And Hoffy doesn't sulk like a little girl when he doesn't get to play his preferred position. He just wants to be apart of the team.

Yep, happy with the Hoffman news. He has been a real highlight on the wing for me this season.

I just hope it doesn't mean what another article said how Milford and Barba would be in the halves. Otherwise it's great news.

I just hope it doesn't mean what another article said how Milford and Barba would be in the halves. Otherwise it's great news.

I think it is really up to Ben Hunt to really show that he has what it takes to be the future long term half back of this club. (Through his performance for the remainder of this year). If that happens, then assuming we get both Barba and Milford, then the most likely scenario imo is one to full back and one to 5/8

Maranta will turn into a good player.

What evidence do you have to support this?

He had a few good games last year on debut but has been horrendous this year, it's not just a couple of clangers that your team mates forgive you for, he continually fails to convert opportunities and lets the team down in the process.

Last edited:
i dont think hoffman is a centre. fullback or wing IMO. nothing ive seen from him suggests hed be a top quality centre.

i dont think hoffman is a centre. fullback or wing IMO. nothing ive seen from him suggests hed be a top quality centre.

Really? so you don't think his speed, step fend or ability to break tackles would make him a great centre?!? cool each to their own...

Really? so you don't think his speed, step fend or ability to break tackles would make him a great centre?!? cool each to their own...

Yeah, really.

Hoffman possesses all the necessary skills to be a quality centre, as I mentioned before.

I've spent all day today reviewing game footage from every Broncos game this year to make a highlights video and Hoffman does a great job at Centre when he's played there.

no, i dont.

he hasnt shown to be good at beating his man one-on-one and setting up his outside man. he hasnt shown that he can just out-muscle his opposite number and/or get a pass away to his winger. he has been at his best as a finisher, which is the job of a winger or a fullback. he hasnt really got a fend either, not an overly good one at least.

i just dont see it. disagree all you want, just my opinion from what ive seen. i dont think anyone can deny that the best he has ever played has been while he is out on the wing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.