Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't a lot of centres who play for their wingers these days anyway. Lyon is still the master of it, guys like Reed do a reasonable job of it too, but most of them are just wingers playing 1 closer in.

I'm with AP on this one, perhaps if he had the ball skills his lacking then he would be an option but really from an attacking perspective his much better being the one put into the gaps rather then being the one expect to create them for others, it's either fullback or winger and at present its fullback because the alternative is shithouse and not longterm, but sign someone like Barba and that would put him on the wing.

I'd like to see Hoffman play a bit more in the centres before I rule him out of playing there long term. I think he would be up to it. I'd be happy to keep him on the wing though. I think he is a top 5 winger in the game.

What evidence do you have to support this?

He had a few good games last year on debut but has been horrendous this year, it's not just a couple of clangers that your team mates forgive you for, he continually fails to convert opportunities and lets the team down in the process.
Christ, the same amount of evidence that he could be a neurosurgeon.

We may need to find some depth for the backs with Hodges going down. Our backline has had terrible luck.

5 spots between possibly

Hoffman
Copley
Kahu
Reed
Drew
Maranta
Glenn/Gillett
Milford/Barba
Yow Yeh

Yep, agreed. I'd say that's a fair trade.
I disagree, give them Lui, Maranta and Wallace. Wallace can fill their 7 role, Maranta to replace David Williams since he hasn't signed for next year and Lui for depth. That's a fair deal. Throw in Drew to sweeten the deal if that's what it takes.

I disagree, give them Lui, Maranta and Wallace. Wallace can fill their 7 role, Maranta to replace David Williams since he hasn't signed for next year and Lui for depth. That's a fair deal. Throw in Drew to sweeten the deal if that's what it takes.

That clearly is a very fair deal and the would be crazy not to take it. I just think we should through in Sanderson as well just too sweeten the deal a little bit more

I forgot about Sanderson, definitely throw him in the deal, he can replace Kite since he's leaving as well. Ask any mathematician and they will tell you 4 for 1 is a very good deal.

Why have you got Drew's name alongside all the other useless people... after just one game in first grade as well? Way to give the bloke a chance.

Why have you got Drew's name alongside all the other useless people... after just one game in first grade as well? Way to give the bloke a chance.
Just because.

Do you actually think Drew will play first grade next year with Kahu, Copley and Yow Yeh fit? Sure he wasn't bad but I don't think he'll see first grade unless there is injuries in which case I'd rather DCE over a 3rd string winger. If we actually get Barba as well then Drew won't see first grade unless we have another injury crisis in the backline.

To be fair to the kid he had to work with Stagg in the centres after training all week alongside Hodges (I assume) so it couldn't have been easy for him.

Last edited:
Just because.

Do you actually think Drew will play first grade next year with Kahu, Copley and Yow Yeh fit? Sure he wasn't bad but I don't think he'll see first grade unless there is injuries in which case I'd rather DCE over a 3rd string winger. If we actually get Barba as well then Drew won't see first grade unless we have another injury crisis in the backline.

To be fair to the kid he had to work with Stagg in the centres after training all week alongside Hodges (I assume) so it couldn't have been easy for him.

No, of course he won't, but he's only 18. Why get rid? Makes no sense. We'd be paying him a pittance as well.

Kid could be anything yet.

As for your line about Stagg, I'm guessing you thought Drew had a pretty poor game? Please give me more details - in the post match thread of course!

Last edited:
Agreed. Pretty poor to throw the kid to the wolves like that.
He's just an up and comer kid who just started playing in the U20's, did pretty well for himself, and was suddenly thrown into FG.
I'd say he probably deserves some loyalty before we send him to the scum! :winky:

No, of course he won't, but he's only 18. Why get rid? Makes no sense. We'd be paying him a pittance as well.

Kid could be anything yet.

As for your line about Stagg, I'm guessing you thought Drew had a pretty poor game? Please give me more details - in the post match thread of course!
Haha, I wasn't totally serious about throwing Drew in the deal but if my ridiculous fantasy of swapping Lui/Sanderson/Wallace for DCE was a possible reality with Drew being the deal sealer I'd go for it. DCE is a superstar, a bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncotville
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.