Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I always thought Tonga post 2011 was going to be a dud investment. He was starting to look out of sorts at the Cowboys and was quickly becoming one of their least popular players among fans.

350K :laugh:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well he only just turned 30, so he could still prove to be a good buy, 2013 was a write off anyway.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I always thought Tonga post 2011 was going to be a dud investment. He was starting to look out of sorts at the Cowboys and was quickly becoming one of their least popular players among fans.

350K :laugh:
I think his experience, work ethic and talent are valuable to such a rubbish team so if he plays out a full season next year I'd say he is good value. Well, better than 550k Sandow.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Tonga is off contract this year.

He was a dud when he was fit in 2012. He really wasn't a good signing at all.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Tonga's reputation is based on playing Game 1, 2011 with a busted shoulder.

Done bugger all since.

T

th3m33k

Mar 23, 2013
What about signing some overseas talent, ala Michael Lawrence of the Huddersfield Giants, young and a big strong runner. Also, Jonathan Lomax from St Helens, he is only 23 years old, but leading around one the best teams in the League. Yes, Super League is not the same standard, but, to be honest, the Bronx possibly would struggle against St Helens...and possibly the London Broncos at the moment. Also, possibly on the cheap.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
We need at least 1 more outside back and 1-2 more halves before I'll feel confident going into next season

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Tonga is absolute trash these days, anyone saying sign him clearly hasn't watched him the past few years. Was rubbish at the cowboys in his final year and has done even less at Parra. He's also 30 so it's extremely unlikely he's going to turn back time and start performing like he was in 2004.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
We need at least 1 more outside back and 1-2 more halves before I'll feel confident going into next season

I need Kearney gone, and Hook getting serious help on attacking structures from a new assistant, at minimum before I will feel confident

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Kearney gone
Hook becoming the defensive coach (he doesn't understand attack, but he seems to be able to get the players to play for each other at least)
Walters attacking coach?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Michael Hagan seems to be a brilliant attacking tactician. QLD have some of the best set moves I've seen and it all starts with JT. Ben Hunt, I believe has that ability, but needs to be managed better. Hook has the whole team getting down the field well and completing better than any other team in the league. Well all know the problem is defence. It's painfully obvious.

Stephen Kearney needs to go as a starting point.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I actually think QLD looked worse in attack ever since Hagan took over from Henry. For one thing they seem to be avoiding our best attacking weapon in Inglis completely these days. He had about 4 runs in the last 2 years.

Griffin needs to be told that "It's defence or nothing".

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Alec, point taken re: Inglis, BUT, he was marked so hard this year it's ludicrous.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Then they should have given him early ball before the defence gets in his face. He was criminally underused and you'd think they would have thought of ways to get around the defence.

Rowan Edwards

Rowan Edwards

BRL Player
Jul 15, 2013
What about signing some overseas talent, ala Michael Lawrence of the Huddersfield Giants, young and a big strong runner. Also, Jonathan Lomax from St Helens, he is only 23 years old, but leading around one the best teams in the League. Yes, Super League is not the same standard, but, to be honest, the Bronx possibly would struggle against St Helens...and possibly the London Broncos at the moment. Also, possibly on the cheap.

As someone who's had the misfortune of going to a few London Broncos games this season, I can honestly tell you even Parra would beat them 13+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • ostin86
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • bazza
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.