Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
When does Sisa Waqa come off contract? Damn good player.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Players that refuse to kick on in their careers are better off elsewhere... I hope we're doing the same with David Hala in 12 months time if he continues to tread water

This, Hala could be anything - when he gets fit and gets some game time he could take advice from McGuire and Parker and hit the line like a bowling ball.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I thought Hala was good before he got injured this year, I thought he had starting going straight and hard. I really rate Hala already.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
This year and last year gala got injured just as he started to break tackles. Lui won't be a loss will be lucky to get a spot during origin unless moose and Kennedy get selected.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Under a 2015 cap Hannant will be lucky to be worth that much. No upgrade for him.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yep. Hannant has a lot of work to do next season to earn his salary

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yep. Hannant has a lot of work to do next season to earn his salary

I posted elsewhere that Hook needs to read Hannant some chapters of the Book of Revelations to get some righteous anger let loose, and his mouth working full time to motivate our pack.

He has ball playing skills which are undersused and I think he is in the top level of props. I think he and McGuire would make excellent James Graham type ball ditributors in the middle, if no other reason than to give Hunt and whoever will be our 6 extra opportunities instead of those infuriating one-out charges when, if you had peripheral vision and the intention of passing, options would materialize for our halves.

As for Hala, he should spend some intensive weeks with Webby in the off season ... in fact all our props would benefit if it were possible - Kennedy in particular

I like Hala. He has IMO serious potential. With him and Tasi going mongrel, they would make a fearsome bench

Rowan Edwards

Rowan Edwards

BRL Player
Jul 15, 2013
With the drama surrounding Ricky Stuart potentially leaving Parramatta, is there a chance Norman will pull out? You would assume that his management would have been smart enough to put a clause in place regarding the coach.

If he did decide to pull out and with both Wallace and Prince moving on, would anyone be happy to see him stay at the Broncos? I guess this is heavily dependent on if we sign Milford. I honestly don't see us keeping Norman if we sign Milford but if he ends up staying in Canberra or elsewhere then we don't have many other options unfortunately.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
With the drama surrounding Ricky Stuart potentially leaving Parramatta, is there a chance Norman will pull out? You would assume that his management would have been smart enough to put a clause in place regarding the coach.

If he did decide to pull out and with both Wallace and Prince moving on, would anyone be happy to see him stay at the Broncos? I guess this is heavily dependent on if we sign Milford. I honestly don't see us keeping Norman if we sign Milford but if he ends up staying in Canberra or elsewhere then we don't have many other options unfortunately.

If Milford was to stay with Canberra I would give him a 2 yr deal and whoever was to perform best out of him and hunt , that one would partner cherry Evans in 2016 as I believe he will come to Brisbane at some time.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I hope Norman has no get out clauses. Go to parramatta please.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I doubt the Broncos will be offering him 450-500K to stay, especially after they dropped him, so I can't see him pulling out of his contract.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Norman even got moved out of 5/8 at qld cup level ... if they don't think he is a good 5/8 there, then he certainly won't be at nrl level... a great buy by the Eels

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Norman look pretty ordinary in defence as well, Ian Lacey just strolled past Norman without a hand being put on him to score a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.