Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Hannant denies Gold Coast Titans link | NRL | Zero Tackle

Ben Hannant insists he is committed to the Brisbane Broncos amid speculation the former Maroons prop is considering following the lead of Dunamis Lui and quitting the club.

Brisbane’s planned revival for 2014 had its first ruction Saturday, with promising forward Lui joining Manly on a two-year deal after rejecting a reduced one-year offer from the Broncos.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin made a last-ditch bid to keep Lui, but the 23-year-old is chasing opportunity after being asked to take a $75,000 pay cut to stay at Red Hill.

Former Test prop Hannant could face a similar conundrum. The 28-year-old is off-contract at the end of next season and has been linked to a move to the Gold Coast Titans in 2015 as a possible replacement for 33-year-old warhorse Luke Bailey.

Hannant is one of Brisbane’s highest-paid players on around $450,000 annually, and his ability to secure another lucrative deal at the Broncos hinges on his performances next season.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Would it be a massive loss losing Hannant on the verge of turning 30 in 2015? It depends how he goes next season to be honest, I think he's great but this year he's been hampered by injuries. A starting prop combo of Kennedy and McGuire in 2015 could be potentially great.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Would it be a massive loss losing Hannant on the verge of turning 30 in 2015? It depends how he goes next season to be honest, I think he's great but this year he's been hampered by injuries. A starting prop combo of Kennedy and McGuire in 2015 could be potentially great.

If he wants to go to the titans of all people he can **** off and EAD. The club has stood by him during some pretty average form comparable to his pay packet.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Don't mind seeing that kind of passion in our fans though!!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How do we all feel about Lui? He's got a lot of potential but probably will always be a fringe player here so probably good for his career to go.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
What does Lui offer though? He doesn't really offload, doesn't get across the advantage line all that often and misses tackles by constantly shooting out of the line.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Lui is still only young, had potential to be a weapon off the bench, but to be completely honest, we probably wouldn't have had a spot in our 17 for him next season anyway, good on him for taking a chance and I hope he does well down at Manly.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
How do we all feel about Lui? He's got a lot of potential but probably will always be a fringe player here so probably good for his career to go.

Players that refuse to kick on in their careers are better off elsewhere... I hope we're doing the same with David Hala in 12 months time if he continues to tread water

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Lui won't be a loss to our team and I wish him all the best at Manly.

Next season he would have been competing with Tasi, Kennedy, Dodds, Stagg, Hala, J. Wallace, Slyney and probably more, for one or two bench spots.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Molo looks to have potential so I guess they will give him some special attention now , tbh Luis wasn't progressing that we'll

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Molo is going on a Mormon mission last I heard.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Thought Lui's last few games were quite impressive actually. We'll probably see him do a Justin Horo next year under a good coaching staff at Manly.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I hope Hannant stays, he's a top prop and if he stays injury free he will be worth his pay packet.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Thought Lui's last few games were quite impressive actually. We'll probably see him do a Justin Horo next year under a good coaching staff at Manly.

I thought Justin Horo too oddly enough and I think he will go well at Manly.

Caleb Timu is going on a Mormon mission isn't be? What a shame, him and Oates are our future backrow with probably McGuire replacing CP13 when he sadly retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • eggstar10
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • theshed
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • Swordfish
  • BruiserMk1
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncsgoat
  • phoenix
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.