Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
qlderxxxx

qlderxxxx

BRL Player
Jul 9, 2013
There's a player on the pitch tonight whom I've been a fan of for somewhile who would do a job at 5/8th for us if we don't get Milford.

I think Chad Townsend could do a more than handy job playing full time 5/8th in first grade.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Except he signed with the Warriors

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
**** no! (to Norman) :scared:

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
This, Hala could be anything - when he gets fit and gets some game time he could take advice from McGuire and Parker and hit the line like a bowling ball.

how long are we going to be waiting for his talent to be fulfilled ? He's been on the scene now, what, three or so years ? feels like he's exactly the same player as he was when we first saw him ...

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
With the drama surrounding Ricky Stuart potentially leaving Parramatta, is there a chance Norman will pull out? You would assume that his management would have been smart enough to put a clause in place regarding the coach.

If he did decide to pull out and with both Wallace and Prince moving on, would anyone be happy to see him stay at the Broncos? I guess this is heavily dependent on if we sign Milford. I honestly don't see us keeping Norman if we sign Milford but if he ends up staying in Canberra or elsewhere then we don't have many other options unfortunately.

Playing under Ricky was another reason Norman moved to the Eels, his signing is based around Stuart being their coach and he does have a clause regarding it. HOWEVER, Stuart is as keen on Norman as Norman is him and it's more likely that Norman would sign for the Raiders than return to Brisbane as his nose is out of joint after being dropped.

Look for Milford to be granted his release followed shortly by the announcement of Norman joining the Raiders.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Playing under Ricky was another reason Norman moved to the Eels, his signing is based around Stuart being their coach and he does have a clause regarding it. HOWEVER, Stuart is as keen on Norman as Norman is him and it's more likely that Norman would sign for the Raiders than return to Brisbane as his nose is out of joint after being dropped.

Look for Milford to be granted his release followed shortly by the announcement of Norman joining the Raiders.

Interesting thought.......I like it. :thumbup1:

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hala HAS improved. I dot get why people say he hasn't, he was one of our best before he got injured and was really making some denting impact runs off the bench. That is a lot different to when he first came in and ran sideways and dropped to the ground ala Ashton Sims.

As for Norman, it is well said that he has no heart. I never saw him try and that is unforgivable at NRL level. Glad we lost him and don't want him back.

On a side note, we may not have the best recruitment guys but thank goodness we don't have Parramatta's.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
how long are we going to be waiting for his talent to be fulfilled ? He's been on the scene now, what, three or so years ? feels like he's exactly the same player as he was when we first saw him ...

Doesn't help that the poor bloke has a bad injury nearly every year. Debuted in that Canberra game in 09. 56-0 is close enough. Didn't play a single NRL game in 2010 due to injury. 2011 was his semi-breakout year. Played a heap of games, scored that 'Hulk' try against St. Merge and nearly killed Cozza in our Prelim loss to Manly . Last year was injured until he played against Melbourne when Billy the Grub and the AAMI stadium turf conspired against him after making a nice line break and he did his patella. Season Over after half a game. This year he had a foot injury, had a decent run of games (but used woefully by Hook off the bench), then got a season ending shoulder injury. Season Over.

If he could have a full season (and pre-season) of 25-35 minutes a game minimum then he'll be amazing. I just hope the club perseveres with him beyond next year even if he get another injury

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Funnily enough I think Norman would fit Raiders way better than he'd fit the Eels.. let's hope it happens.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
I too would like to voice my disgust at the thought of keeping Norman. Also, Hannant needs to play better to warrant another contract. Hala has had way too many injuries for a big guy. If he gets another in 2014 it might be time to cut him loose.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Baptiste seems to be undecided about NRL options (which he has a few) and SL seems to be the favourite now, he can study (engineering) and do the travel thing while playing football.

Either way he won't be at Brisbane- not an option.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Baptiste seems to be undecided about NRL options (which he has a few) and SL seems to be the favourite now, he can study (engineering) and do the travel thing while playing football.

Either way he won't be at Brisbane- not an option.

Well he's behind Granville now anyway, right? I'd personally prefer to see him go to SL rather than play against us for another team in the NRL, either way though I wish him luck. Thanks for the update 1910.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is such a shame, he could have been amazing for our team, shame he never really got a fair shot. If you saw what he was doing in Qld Cup, his whole side was successfully built around his attack.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Not in the games I watched him play this year.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Norman look pretty ordinary in defence as well, Ian Lacey just strolled past Norman without a hand being put on him to score a try.

Sounds no different to the Norman we endured in the NRL.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Came across some articles about the storm signing Cody walker (qld cup player of the year ) and Cameron Munster ( qld cup rookie of the year ) , both were shopped to the broncos . A little concerned about our scouts and sick of the storm for. ..... well .. for everything !!!

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Came across some articles about the storm signing Cody walker (qld cup player of the year ) and Cameron Munster ( qld cup rookie of the year ) , both were shopped to the broncos . A little concerned about our scouts and sick of the storm for. ..... well .. for everything !!!

Walker, Hampton and Munster have been exceptional this year and all three are going to the Storm. Two of them are at the Storm's feeder club. So long odds to get them anyway. I was impressed with Walker on the weekend he dominated with Widdop in the side.

Broncos looked at Walker but went with Strasser. Of the three Munster has the most potential to hurt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • bazza
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.