Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Morkel needs his/her own thread after this...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Morkel needs his/her own thread after this...

Oh dear God, something about the word thread, coupled with the comment of my pear shaped body, made me picture myself Barney-esque in a string bikini. My minds-eyes burn.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Back to KFFL for moment:

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

WITH just a few simple words Kalifa Faifai Loa explains why he has walked out on the final year of his North Queensland contract."I'm just not a Cowboy," Faifai Loa said.
The talented and powerful 23-year-old winger requested a release from his contract earlier this month and is keen to head overseas where he could potentially make a code switch to rugby union.
The details of Faifai Loa's future remain private for now, but the fact is the two-time Kiwi Test winger has not been happy in Townsville for some time.
Recruited from St George Illawarra in 2011, Faifai Loa had developed quite a reputation for his theatrical and spectacular try-scoring feats on the Cowboys wing.
In his first season of 2011 he scored 14 tries in 22 games to win Test selection on Four Nations tour.
But it's been downhill ever since, with just six first grade appearances in 2012 and seven this year as Cowboys coach Neil Henry opted for Ashley Graham and Antonio Winterstein on the flanks.
This season Faifai Loa has also had the likes of rising young guns Wayne Ulugia and Kyle Feldt streak past him in the pecking order and he knew that leaving Townsville was his only option to continue his career at the highest level.
The truth is Faifai Loa had been asking for a release for the past two seasons, but it is only now the Cowboys have agreed to let him go.
"I got an early release, I still have one more year up in my contract but I've asked for an early release," he said.
"I've been asking for the last two years as well.
"I will see how it goes, I would prefer (to play) overseas. Rugby or league, it doesn't really matter.
"I haven't signed with anyone yet, I find out in the next two weeks.
"I like (Townsville), it's just been too long for me hey."
Before Faifai Loa packs his bags, he has some unfinished business with the Mackay Cutters, his Intrust Super Cup team who are set to play their first grand final against Easts Tigers on Sunday.
Playing in the centres, Faifai Loa has played a crucial role in the Cutters' surge to the finals and is confident his team can get revenge over the Tigers after Easts claimed a qualifying final win in the first week of the finals.
"We've had two wins in a row so that will be good for the final coming up," he said.
"Easts is a hard team and may the best team win.
"I'm really looking forward to next week down at Ipswich. It will be a tough game."

I reckon we should grab him.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think we really need him, I mean if you consider Hoffman, Reed and Hodges as locked in the three quarter line, there's only 1 spot for Yow Yeh/Copley/Kahu/Maranta

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Besides it doesn't sound like he wants to play in Australia

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
I don't think we really need him, I mean if you consider Hoffman, Reed and Hodges as locked in the three quarter line, there's only 1 spot for Yow Yeh/Copley/Kahu/Maranta

I'd take him over copley, kahu and maranta and probably over Yow Yeh as well cause i doubt he'll be anywhere near as good as he was.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
He wants a certain starting spot, he's not going to get one here with the depth of our outside backs.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd take him over copley, kahu and maranta and probably over Yow Yeh as well cause i doubt he'll be anywhere near as good as he was.

If he is better than them, it wouldn't be by much, and only because Kahu and Copley have both been heavily injured. If they recover properly, I'd take them over FFL.

Now if we could get Winterstein back instead, it would be something else entirely.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Theirs a rumor about brenko Lee coming to broncos , hopefully his cousin ed Rick is in their sights as well .

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Faifai Loa is leaving because he has issues and attitude problem. He's been in serious trouble this year.

Broncos won't touch him.

Last edited:
M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Faifai Loa is leaving because he has issues and attitude problem. He's been in serious trouble this year.

Broncos won't touch him.

Yea I read an article in the Bully about an off-field problem. Had he not had these problems, I wouldn't have minded him coming to the Broncos. Sounds like he has numerous problems.

Here's the article if anyone is interested, I haven't heard anything on the news about it since. http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2013/09/13/388981_news.html

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I think we can almost put Jordon Kahu in the same category ......Dale Copley is also one more serious injury away.

I for one don't think we have stocks of over flowing talent in our outside backs waiting on the sidelines.

Definitely not opposed to a talented centre (if they're is such thing in QLD anymore) coming along.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Jack Reed linked to the Bunnies????

According to "The Pride" forum so take it with a grain of salt. Considering Reed is locked up until 2016/17 it would surprise me.

Straight swap for Matt King. Gee was reportedly thrilled to get a origin and test player.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Chris Garry reports Lama Tasi off to Salford next year. First choice was Brisbane though

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Just saw the Broncos are not keeping Llama Tasi. Thought he was decent and could only get better :(

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He had a pretty terrible year to be honest. I feel like we have enough depth in the front row anyway.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Not that disappointed, he certainly had potential, but we'll have enough bigs without him.

8. Hannant
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

15. Glenn
16. Kennedy
17. Dodds / Hala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.