Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much have you seen of Strasser and Taylor?

Only what i've seen posted here on YouTube.

To be fair though, i'd never seen anything of Oates before he showed up either.

how much have you seen of Strasser and Taylor?

Not much. So what? We ignore our juniors and just buy our selves out of trouble?

I thought a number of us were rather critical of clubs buying saviours

Aside from which, it is the coaching staff who make or break a team.

Souths: Inglis, the Burgess Burgers ....

By all means give Taylor and Strasser a shot in the trials . I haven't seen much of Taylor, but the strass looks a prospect to me. Looks like a faster game would befit him.

By all means give Taylor and Strasser a shot in the trials . I haven't seen much of Taylor, but the strass looks a prospect to me. Looks like a faster game would befit him.

... and boy do we need a faster game

Not much. So what? We ignore our juniors and just buy our selves out of trouble?

well whatever route we go I'd actually like to see us pick players who are good enough. if you haven't seen much of Strasser or Taylor then all you're basically saying is: 'Hook should go with [insert random junior here] regardless of their ability'

I haven't seen much of Taylor either but what little I have seen doesn't give me much hope that he'll be NRL quality in 2014. you could easily stunt his development by throwing him in way too early.

we should actually play players (whether they are juniors or bought from elsewhere) based on their ability. Not just select a random junior who we know nothing about because we want to be seen as a club who develops from within

I agree K Duya. I just thought Strasser was waiting for support and was generally a stride ahead of his team mates. Has a good running game, and has that wirey tallish build , defends well and the first 10 were pretty quick. We have not had that for some time.

Could it be Michael Morgan, he could play in the halves with Hunt. Maybe it is Minto from the Cutters? He is affiliated with the Cowboys or at least trained with them last summer.

So what? Well if you haven't seen guys play how can you call for their inclusion? That's like a movie review without having seen the movie.

Players still need to be ready, random selecting of anyone will do doesn't fill the void.

I've seen Strasser play and quite a few times, he is the goods.

TBF, I think people are advocating Strasser/Taylor on the chance that we don't get Milf.

Hypothetical: If we don't get Milford....Hoffman, Strasser and Taylor will all be used in the Trials to see who partners Hunt IMO. You never know, they might even move Macca to the 6 and have Granville as the starting Hooker. Before people get their panties in a twist, no, I don't believe that will happen.

Yes HS you are right, and as, usual your ability to predict lists is above average. if we get AM then you would imagine he would get the 6 . But it's all about contingencies and options till we get the roster sorted.

Last edited:

Usually I'd be right with you on this one, but I have lost a lot of confidence in our ability to pick the good ones from the bad. McCullough, Hunt, Norman were all suppose to be the saviours post Lockyer. Hasn't worked out too well so far.

DCE over all of these nobodies please. It was good to read how he was also going to end up a nobody, but then really started working overtime on improving himself before making the big time. That's the kind of attitude you want at a club.

DCE over all of these nobodies please. It was good to read how he was also going to end up a nobody, but then really started working overtime on improving himself before making the big time. That's the kind of attitude you want at a club.

Describes Cooper Cronk to a tee. You'd be lucky to find anyone in the game who puts as much thought and effort into their game off the field as well as on it, than Cronk.

Hopefully Ben Hunt or Zach Strasser take note and try to want to achieve the same. Put in extra effort like those 2, and see the results.

Hopefully Ben Hunt or Zach Strasser take note and try to want to achieve the same. Put in extra effort like those 2, and see the results.

I'll link them to his website....although that could do more harm than good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Maddy
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • bb_gun
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.