Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it will be Taumalolo. Would be an amazing coup but couldn't imagine the Cowboys letting him go without a real fight. Hope that it's somebody like Grevsmuhl but suspect it'll be somebody like Bolton or Thorby.

I mentioned earlier how good it would be if we got Taumalolo, but I read the new coach is really keen to work with him specifically to get him performing to his potential. Though it could have been their way of buttering him up because they knew he was being chased by us?

I'd be ok with Bolton. Taumololo has been on thin ice with the Cows as they have been unhappy with his attitude. He went to the same junior sides as Papalli and was widely considered as potentially better, look at them now.

Bolton is solid, but unspectacular, just like Kennedy. I really don't feel like we need more forwards unless they are genuine (future) stars.

I would actually like to see Scott Bolton at Red Hill. I think he is a handy player and would be a great addition to our front row. Let Hannant and McGuire start and bring Bolton off the bench

Bolton is solid, but unspectacular, just like Kennedy. I really don't feel like we need more forwards unless they are genuine (future) stars.

We need a bench that the coach will actually use, I assume the the only reason Hook doesn't use our bench properly is because he has no faith they can play enough quality minutes.
Bolton would be a handy signing.

Maybe Faifai Loa? Winterstein?

I could see Thompson and Morgan moving with Lui locked at 7.

Getting Winter back would be sweet too.

Actual lol, well played.

My money is on Fai Fai.

1910 confirmed it will not be Fai Fai Loa a couple of weeks ago.
I wouldn't mind Bolton, I remember a couple of seasons ago he was pushing for an origin spot, he would be a handy addition to our bench and provide good depth

With the possibility of missing Milf there's a decent chance it could be a half since you'd be desperately short

Players off-contract for the Cowboys..

Kalifa Faifai Loa (Wing, Centre)
Blake Leary (Lock, Second Row)
Chris Grevsmuhl (Backrow)
Tyson Martin (Lock, Second Row)

These are the ones I can find anyway.. I guess we're signing someone who's going to ask for a release.

Ah, good. possibly signing more forwards or even better a half that struggled to perform even next to the best half in the game. I'm sure oppositions will shake at the thought of them combining with Hunt.

Players off-contract for the Cowboys..

Kalifa Faifai Loa (Wing, Centre)
Blake Leary (Lock, Second Row)
Chris Grevsmuhl (Backrow)
Tyson Martin (Lock, Second Row)

These are the ones I can find anyway.. I guess we're signing someone who's going to ask for a release.

The Broncos only sign contracted players.

1910 confirmed it will not be Fai Fai Loa a couple of weeks ago.
I wouldn't mind Bolton, I remember a couple of seasons ago he was pushing for an origin spot, he would be a handy addition to our bench and provide good depth

Cheers, I must have missed it

With the possibility of missing Milf there's a decent chance it could be a half since you'd be desperately short

Who though? I don't see them letting Lui go and Thurston is locked up. The only other halves available at the Cows are relatively inexperienced, in which case I can see the Broncos going with Strasser/Taylor etc instead.

For sure.

we have to give the young blokes a chance at least.

Strasser has big wraps on him.

Exactly. I can't see the logic in some posters bleating about other clubs developing Qld juniors when we ought to be doing exactly that.

Aside from which, it is an act of the desperate who seek a saviour from outside. The Rabbits learned that lesson all too well.

It's the coaching staff who make or break a team, and, as for an X-factor, we have Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Allo
  • Maddy
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Stix
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Lurker
  • bb_gun
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.