Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills was named as a Centre in the NSW Cup team of the year, so he must be doing something right, I'd be happy with the signing.

Re the Hoff rumours about the Dogs, this was posted on the Kennel by one of their members:-

`To finalise this whole Hoffman saga, saw him at athletes foot yesterday buying shoes for his brother. Was refreshingly open and a great guy. I asked if he is coming to the dogs and his reply and I quote "f%^* that, I just resigned for 2 more years, broncos all day". hoffman ain't going nowhere'

People seem to have taken the fact the he was disappointed about the probability of losing his favoured position of fullback (and every one here would be disappointed if they were in his shoes and lost their favoured position) to mean that he doesn't want Barba (and or Milford) at the club and is looking to leave rather than play where is is needed.

He's already quoted as saying he'll play where the team needs him and that he'll just put his head down and get the work done.

Re the Hoff rumours about the Dogs, this was posted on the Kennel by one of their members:-

`To finalise this whole Hoffman saga, saw him at athletes foot yesterday buying shoes for his brother. Was refreshingly open and a great guy. I asked if he is coming to the dogs and his reply and I quote "f%^* that, I just resigned for 2 more years, broncos all day". hoffman ain't going nowhere'
someone made that up.

I was a fan of Mills but the fact he hasn't kicked on and made his way into that Sharks backline is concerning. As long as he's cheap, I'd be happy with the signing.

I believe he hasn't played 1st grade because he has some strong players ahead of him. He seems like a good player though and would be a good signing for us. I don't watch the under 20's so I'm just taking everyone's word like Jesus.

I don't believe Hoffman wants out but I will be pretty pissed off if he does. I am sure Hoffy would love to play fullback but I am just surprised he can't realize how good he can be as an outside back. He is such a natural finisher on the wing and could easily develop into a fine centre. Just lacks that ball playing ability to be a fullback IMO. I hope he sees it that way before it is too late.

The thing is, if he stays, he is first back up fb anyway.

I dunno Broncoman, I wouldn't really call Pomeroy or Wright good players (unless you literally just mean strong). Beau Ryan is pretty solid, but unspectacular. Not sure about Feki though, dunno much about him.

I know some teams don't play their best options in FG for whatever reason though coughSamWilliamscough

someone made that up.

It is the internet, so anything is possible, but what would be the motivation for a doggies supporter to squash a hot rumour about them stealing a player from us?? It had the ring of truth to it from my view, but colour me gullible.

I believe he hasn't played 1st grade because he has some strong players ahead of him. He seems like a good player though and would be a good signing for us. I don't watch the under 20's so I'm just taking everyone's word like Jesus.

Cronulla have had some of the worst outside backs for years now. If Mills can't crack that side them I really don't want him near a Broncos jersey. The games I saw of him he really did look like a reserve grader filling a gap.

someone made that up.

Yeah, when falou was rumoured there some bloke, I'm assuming the same
Bloke posted "ran into izzy at atheletes foot today. Was suprised at how up front and honest he was. I asked him if he was coming to the doggies and he said 'nah, **** that! Make heaps more in union bro"

Seems like he just copied and pasted and changed the names... He definitely isn't FiH standard

How certain are we that hoff was in belmore? On the other hand , if the guy works at AF he probably would run into a lot of sports types. The Izzy prediction was correct after all.

Yeah, when falou was rumoured there some bloke, I'm assuming the same
Bloke posted "ran into izzy at atheletes foot today. Was suprised at how up front and honest he was. I asked him if he was coming to the doggies and he said 'nah, **** that! Make heaps more in union bro"

Seems like he just copied and pasted and changed the names... He definitely isn't FiH standard

I can just imagine a man of god like Izzy saying 'nah, **** that! Make heaps more in union bro".

Wonder if he said **** the Mormons, Make heaps more for the soul with the Assemblies of God.

(Nothing like a change of code...)

Yep, it is bs by the aforementioned kennel poster, ignore my earlier post, hoffy still in play and no certain news as to his movements.

Mills is awful from what I've seen. he probably should have spent more time in the NRL but I would only say he is marginally better than Pomeroy.

Read somewhere that Hoffman was merely in Sydney to meet up with the New Zealand World Cup team, and everyone has taken it from there. Pretty ridiculous some of the things being said about the man now in terms of his talent.
Some dude said "any chance Josh hoffman to the Dogs, What a player this guy is, doesnt know the word quit potentially a great lol"

Pretty sure everyone was saying how bad he was last year. Short memories.

I like what I see in mills, but everyone sees things different

End of the day he would be a cheap, depth signing. If you haven't seen much of him YouTube his highlights, then compare that to maranta. Mills would keep maranta out of first grade. Nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • cento
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.