Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some more depth in the backs, especially as there don't seem to be any decent U20s coming through. Would prefer Vidot though, you know that he has what it takes to be a star talent wise.

Read somewhere that Hoffman was merely in Sydney to meet up with the New Zealand World Cup team, and everyone has taken it from there. Pretty ridiculous some of the things being said about the man now in terms of his talent.
Some dude said "any chance Josh hoffman to the Dogs, What a player this guy is, doesnt know the word quit potentially a great lol"

Pretty sure everyone was saying how bad he was last year. Short memories.

Did you even watch Hoffman this year ... he could potentially be a great CENTER OR WINGER. he is a finisher and a strong runner of the ball, assests for the center and wing positions. but modern full backs are basically second 5/8ths in attack and that is what lets Hoffman down as a full back. if he is prepared to play center or wing, then I for one don't want him to leave.

Did you even watch Hoffman this year ... he could potentially be a great CENTER OR WINGER. he is a finisher and a strong runner of the ball, assests for the center and wing positions. but modern full backs are basically second 5/8ths in attack and that is what lets Hoffman down as a full back. if he is prepared to play center or wing, then I for one don't want him to leave.

Mind blowing observations, not really my point. I was more so stating the flip flopping opinions and attitudes of fans outside of the Broncos, who one year are laughing at how bad Hoffman is at fullback, and the next singing his praises of him being a "future great". I highly doubt they were referring to him being a future great centre or wing, but of him being a fullback (do you think he'd up and leave the Broncos to go to Bulldogs to play the exact same position we were already offering him to play?). They are especially dumb because while yes, after a poor 2012 at fullback, he had a great 2013, but on the wing.

Mind blowing observations, not really my point. I was more so stating the flip flopping opinions and attitudes of fans outside of the Broncos, who one year are laughing at how bad Hoffman is at fullback, and the next singing his praises of him being a "future great". I highly doubt they were referring to him being a future great centre or wing, but of him being a fullback (do you think he'd up and leave the Broncos to go to Bulldogs to play the exact same position we were already offering him to play?). They are especially dumb because while yes, after a poor 2012 at fullback, he had a great 2013, but on the wing.

agree with what your saying, and it's a common theme with our players. With the exception of a few if our players, most fans think broncos players suck while they are with us, can't understand why the get rep selections blah blah blah. But the minute they look like they could leave the club, suddenly they are wonderful players, future immortals etc. just look at Norman, everyone knows his shit, but as soon as he signs with parra. "Great signing" "why would the idiots at the broncos let him go" etc etc

Fact is apart from halves we have a pretty good back line so we need depth. Those signings will not be superstars

Fact is apart from halves we have a pretty good back line so we need depth. Those signings will not be superstars
I reckon our depth sucked this year.

Our depth sucks. When you end up with Stagg starting at centre... your backline sucks.

What I can't understand is that all year the consensus was that Maranta sucks and a broomstick against the corner post would do a better job (which I don't disagree with). Now, there are rumours that the club could be signing some decent players, for little money to ensure that the broomstick isn't required again and that's a bad thing?!?

Well we can rule out Grevsmuhl from the Cowboys, just signed with the Bunnies.

You pretty much don't like anyone from what I can tell :P

haha, well I don't set out to be a sourpuss but I can't pretend that I'm particularly excited about recruiting Cronulla reserves.

I feel like if people want to stop being disappointed by possible signings they need to realise not every signing will be a star. We need depth, and stars don't sign on to play Q cup

Re: Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Was right in front of us that season. Never gone off like that before or since.

Couldn't believe it. There was so much fucking yelling and noise coming from myself and [MENTION=1841]Scotty[/MENTION] when it happen.

few reports on twitter saying Stewart Mills to the Bronx ?

@LeagueUnlimited: The @BrisbaneBroncos will tomorrow at 11am reveal their 2014 Away #NRL jersey and make an important announcement.

Interesting

Interesting

Damn! I actually liked this season's away jersey better than the home jersey, hopefully they don't change it too much...oh and the announcement sounds interesting too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • barker
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.