Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against Scott Anderson - seems like a really nice guy with a fantastic attitude.

But that's not going to stop me from thinking he's utterly useless and being delighted I won't have to watch him in Broncos colours again.

Wallace and Anderson in one season? BOY HOWDY!

I never liked Anderson, maybe because he played for the Storm. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy he's gone.

Lowrie straight swap for Anderson, I can live with that.

Fair enough, I actually referenced that line from the 12th man, I meant it in a funny tone, maybe it was over the top but I don't hold any real grudge against the guy. When he came to the club he came with a good reputation as good solid player, the type we needed at the time but as time went on you just got the feeling he was made to look better at the Storm then he really was, I dunno he just didn't seem to have any real impact in attack or defence, no real solid workrate either.
I feel you pain GC , and I didn't get the 12 man reference. It seems a syndrome with storm forwards in particular .good to understand your point of view.

I feel you pain GC , and I didn't get the 12 man reference. It seems a syndrome with storm forwards in particular .good to understand your point of view.

Then you've wasted your life my friend. Do you understand "wide ball for the australian substitute smith, i hope i pronounced that correctly! "

if nothing else you need to understand..."Pearce off Jack, Gibbs on"

Then you've wasted your life my friend. Do you understand "wide ball for the australian substitute smith, i hope i pronounced that correctly! "

if nothing else you need to understand..."Pearce off Jack, Gibbs on"
I have led a sheltered non billy Birmingham kind of life. Although I do know of it I'm not familiar with the details .i'll have to look into it.

I'm sure it's been said 100 times already but it's really disappointing to see our clubs recruitment strategy is to pick up players who want to move to Brisbane or are unwanted by their current club.

When was the last signing of a player who was in their sides starting 13 and we had to fight to recruit? Te'o?

I'm sure it's been said 100 times already but it's really disappointing to see our clubs recruitment strategy is to pick up players who want to move to Brisbane or are unwanted by their current club.

When was the last signing of a player who was in their sides starting 13 and we had to fight to recruit? Te'o?
Little Benny Barba

Barba was a gimmie, he wanted to come home to his family.

Barba was a gimmie, he wanted to come home to his family.

True, but to be fair and to try and balance out the crazy amount of negativity towards the club currently, he could have 'come home' to the club down the highway that also has his brother... And a worse fullback than us.

I'll agree that we had to put in some effort to get Barba across the line but he was always going to be leaving the Bulldogs.

We appear to be getting back on track with developing our own stars but it's going to take awhile for that to pay off. Over the next 5 years we're going to have to be much more proactive in getting players legitimately excited to join our club. I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of our club being used as a bargaining tactic for player managers to get their clients upgraded deals elsewhere.

Who cares if we're used as a bargaining chip, other clubs have to use more of their salary cap, I like it.

Who cares if we're used as a bargaining chip, other clubs have to use more of their salary cap, I like it.

I get your point but it's a small positive to take away. At the moment we look desperate being linked to every player that has the smallest connection to our club.

Same goes for every club that has salary cap space, if we were going to deny every rumor we'd need a dedicated rumor denial manager.

I get your point but it's a small positive to take away. At the moment we look desperate being linked to every player that has the smallest connection to our club.

That's what happens when a mighty football club has a bad season .... they're linked to everyone !!!

FWIW too, i don't think the Broncos can be totally to blame for every story about a possible player acquisition.

The media has a lot to answer for with regards to these rumours.

That's what happens when a mighty football club has a bad season .... they're linked to everyone !!!

FWIW too, i don't think the Broncos can be totally to blame for every story about a possible player acquisition.

The media has a lot to answer for with regards to these rumours.

This. I only get interested in rumours when there are actual quotes from players/managers.....it's amazing how often there aren't.

NRL: Kevin Locke staying with Warriors - Sport - NZ Herald News

Fullback Kevin Locke is remaining with the Warriors next season and the club are also hoping Jerome Ropati signs on for another year after offering the centre a new deal.
Locke, who still has one year left on his present contract as well as an option for a further year, had been linked with a move away from Mt Smart Stadium after the club secured England fullback Sam Tomkins.
A handful of NRL clubs showed interest, including the Bulldogs, but nothing has eventuated and the Warriors have agreed with Locke that he will return in 2014. They wanted the matter resolved before the 24-year-old left with the Kiwis for the upcoming World Cup - the New Zealand team flew out of Sydney on Monday.
"We have told him that he's highly valued and want him to stay and he said he would love to stay,'' Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said. "It's been our intention to see him stay and compete for a first-grade spot next year.
"Kevin has consistently said he wants to stay and we have consistently said we want him to stay and that's where we have got to.''

I think we might be losing Hoffman to the Doggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Kev_Guz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • Scorchie
  • Skathen
  • LittleDavey
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • BruiserMk1
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.