Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys hate The Mole but he does seem to have a lot of inside knowledge, anyway he's pretty confident that Hoffman will be going to the Dogs. I'd say that if it does happen it'll probably get announced after the World Cup.

If Hoffman leaves, maybe we do have a half lined up for next year (keeping Barba at fulback).

I know you guys hate The Mole but he does seem to have a lot of inside knowledge, anyway he's pretty confident that Hoffman will be going to the Dogs. I'd say that if it does happen it'll probably get announced after the World Cup.

he also said we would sign vidot or mills not both and look how that turned out

he also said we would sign vidot or mills not both and look how that turned out

He also said we would sign thurston last year and numerous other nonsense. The guy operates by the principle of you throw enough shit eventually you get a hit.

He also said we would sign thurston last year and numerous other nonsense. The guy operates by the principle of you throw enough shit eventually you get a hit.

I think you're right in that when he doesn't know something he tends to make a guess and if that turns out to be wrong then he throws out the old classic line "things change bro", but you can't deny that based off some of the predictions he gets right that he must have some way of gaining inside knowledge, probably through certain players and managers.

In the case of Hoffman, I do believe that he was mentioning things before he was spotted at Belmore so I'm sure he knows that some negotiations are taking place.

In any case I still hate The Mole, the fact he refers to himself in the third person as "Moley" makes me want to punch him in the crotch.

By alll accounts Hoffman will be at the Broncos next year.

Members of his family have indicated that he has fielded offers from other clubs - but wants to stay at the Broncos for next season.

He can't field offers from other clubs, he's under contract.

He can't field offers from other clubs, he's under contract.
Yes he can. But the contract won't be registered before November 1st before the season of his last contract year. Even then, the contract is not enforceable until Round 13 of that season has passed.

As an example:
We could very well have signed Milford already for 2015, but cannot register the contract with the NRL before the 1st of November, and Milford could still decide to stay at the Raiders before Rd 13 of the 2014 season, which would make the Broncos contract null an void, unless there was a specific clause in the contract against this.

Which all means contracts are worth nothing but it also means thank goodness Corey Norman is gone.

The whole cant talk to other clubs under contract thing is a very wide spread myth

The whole cant talk to other clubs under contract thing is a very wide spread myth
It's a rule that got changed but its weird its still referred to by managers and clubs you'd think they'd know about it

That's not right you can't talk to someone till November 1 of the year before they're off contract.

Broncos can't talk to Milford till he is released on Nov 1 2013 for 2015.

That's not right you can't talk to someone till November 1 of the year before they're off contract.

Broncos can't talk to Milford till he is released on Nov 1 2013 for 2015.
Yes you can. There is no rule or even guideline in the NRL prohibiting it...

Unless there is a gentleman's agreement between the clubs, which I very much doubt, the 1 November date is purely when new contracts get registered by the NRL, nothing else.

Regardless, the fact we could talk to Milford in 2013 about 2015 and have him change his mind in 2014 is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • something
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
  • The Don
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • ettybay
  • Brotherdu
  • marw
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.