Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of his best assets is his ability in the air yet we rarely kick for him these days, another tactical mystery for mine.

He's not a strike centre or anything like that but he is definitely worth 250 especially with the way the cap is now

With luck he'll find something like his 2011 form this year. $250k would be worth that

When your re-signing players, I guess the question you ask is, "would we rather have him in our team or playing against us". Imo, Reed is a player I'd rather have playing for us than opposing us.

We don't really want Reed as our centre next year. Hopefully Copley gets that gig and we have found some decent wingers. Reeds long term future will be off the bench IMO.
I think Copley would go very well in the centres for us, would love to see that.

I, like many think we should enter the player market. At least start having a crack at some players when they become available. But if we are gonna be armchair experts, we have to add some names. Fair is fair.

Be interested to see who others think would be worth pursuing. I don't profess to be an expert at NYC players so I won't be naming any of them. But players seen in first grade that I would at least consider - price ? age ? suitability ?

and these guys are all off contract end of 2013 according to http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2013/

Joel Thompson - only 24, and I don't mind him as a centre actually, think he has something
Jayson Bukuya - is 23, and might be the right time ... Cronulla seem committed to spending big elsewhere right now
Aiden Tolman - 24, think he is a great worker - but price might be too high
Nathan Gardner - 23, injury prone, so depends on price but has some attributes our team needs desparately
Gareth Widdop - 24, another squeezed out player due to millions to the big 3 ?
Pita Godinet - 25 ... might be a cheap buy ? think he is pretty enterprising
Michael Morgan - 21, millions to Thurston - none left
Lama Tasi - 22, young prop and could have it ... price ?

There is a few that I sorta like enough to at least be enquiring about ... creative/illusive/speedy centres and wingers don't exist apparantly ... you have to find your own on a pacific island

Cheers
Oink !

I'd definitely take Tolman and Widdop. Don't think Gardner is any better than Hoffman. Meh at the rest.

Jayson Bukuya - is 23, and might be the right time ... Cronulla seem committed to spending big elsewhere right now

Probly my fancy of all of them ... i'd pay 250k for him

Oink !

Problem with Bukuya is that we are absolutely overloaded with back rowers as it is.

I, like many think we should enter the player market. At least start having a crack at some players when they become available. But if we are gonna be armchair experts, we have to add some names. Fair is fair.

Be interested to see who others think would be worth pursuing. I don't profess to be an expert at NYC players so I won't be naming any of them. But players seen in first grade that I would at least consider - price ? age ? suitability ?

and these guys are all off contract end of 2013 according to http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2013/

Joel Thompson - only 24, and I don't mind him as a centre actually, think he has something
Aiden Tolman - 24, think he is a great worker - but price might be too high
Nathan Gardner - 23, injury prone, so depends on price but has some attributes our team needs desparately
Gareth Widdop - 24, another squeezed out player due to millions to the big 3 ?
Pita Godinet - 25 ... might be a cheap buy ? think he is pretty enterprising
Michael Morgan - 21, millions to Thurston - none left
Lama Tasi - 22, young prop and could have it ... price ?

There is a few that I sorta like enough to at least be enquiring about ... creative/illusive/speedy centres and wingers don't exist apparantly ... you have to find your own on a pacific island

Cheers
Oink !

Would be happy with tolman and rapt if we got widdop. I think he is an amazing player. If Norman has gone than we MUST chase widdop IMO. He does everything Norman does but 1000 times better. Offer him respectable coin, the chance to play for the team he supporting growing up and the opportunity to step out of the big 3's shadow and become a star.

Most of the rest are average or not worth their money. Lami tasi shows promise and I reckon Morgan is one of those players that would look vey very average away from thurston

Agree that Bukuya's great, but as Alec said, we're stacked with back rowers.

If we lost Gillett I'd get him for sure.

So carneys position at the sharks is under a cloud cause of all the asada stuff.......sign him up. Him and Dugan and we're a premiership contender next year.

Yes we would be, a top notch fullback and 5/8, that's exactly what we're missing.

So carneys position at the sharks is under a cloud cause of all the asada stuff.......sign him up. Him and Dugan and we're a premiership contender next year.

From reading the article it seems that Carney is not off contract for next year but 2014

Bukuya would actually be a worth while get. Especially since Thaiday will probably be a prop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Smokin' Joe
  • K-Style
  • BroncosMan
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Behind enemy lines
  • The Don
  • Bongo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Robboi_321
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.