Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading the article it seems that Carney is not off contract for next year but 2014
maybe, but dugan was on contract for 3 more years.

and i would think that if cronulla get done by asada, some of the uninvolved players are going to be leaving, contract or no contract.

I hope the Broncos are ready to pounce on more than just one player from the Sharks if shit goes down there. Surely we have more money available under the cap. We must be one of a not many teams with plenty left too.

yep, bring Carney for sure

Carney and Dugan... Might as well be the Titans.

So carneys position at the sharks is under a cloud cause of all the asada stuff.......sign him up. Him and Dugan and we're a premiership contender next year.

Yeah ....that'll work out real well.

015eab2b-b2c0-4b78-bdf2-14d3edc81a2e_zpsca09d75e.jpg

Get your hopes up, Foordy.

I dare you to.

if we lose both Hunt and Norman, we would have to look at him, because we would be left with little depth in the halves, with just Wallace and Prince

Have trouble understanding broncs recruitment policys over the last few years if infact they have one.Once upon a time just the name Broncos was enough to get people to the club but that certainly doesnt apply anymore.People talk about securing the likes of gareth widdop from the storm.Please why would he leave the storm to play for the broncs.Maybe he cheered for them when he was young but now he is a well established NRL player not a starry eyed kid watching the NRL on telly.

Have trouble understanding broncs recruitment policys over the last few years if infact they have one.Once upon a time just the name Broncos was enough to get people to the club but that certainly doesnt apply anymore.People talk about securing the likes of gareth widdop from the storm.Please why would he leave the storm to play for the broncs.Maybe he cheered for them when he was young but now he is a well established NRL player not a starry eyed kid watching the NRL on telly.

These days players don't care about anything other than money... the fact is they will generally go to the highest bidder, regardless of premiership credentials, club prestige, etc.

the days when players stayed at clubs out of loyalty, or to repay them for their opportunity are long gone.

Last edited:
These days players don't care about anything other than money... the fact is they will generally go to the highest bidder, regardless of premiership credentials, club prestige, etc.

the days when players stayed at clubs out of loyalty, or to repay them for their opportunity are long gone.

thats a very broad statement. just look at the this week, farah resigned with the tigers. 1 club player right there.

thats a very broad statement. just look at the this week, farah resigned with the tigers. 1 club player right there.

and it's something that we used to be very good at doing. Keeping one club players who will stay with the club for less money than they could earn elsewhere

I don't know back then if it was the club, the coach, the players they were playing with or simply the beautiful Brisbane weather/lifestyle.

Something has changed and the club's football manager has to take the responsibility for the decline.

and it's something that we used to be very good at doing. Keeping one club players who will stay with the club for less money than they could earn elsewhere

I don't know back then if it was the club, the coach, the players they were playing with or simply the beautiful Brisbane weather/lifestyle.

Something has changed and the club's football manager has to take the responsibility for the decline.

It was widely thought that players stayed with us for less because of the Coach firstly, then the lifestyle along with offield opportunities.

When Lockyer left, it was the end of the "reasons to stay, reasons to come" player line.

Wally Lewis
Allan Langer
Darren Lockyer

They were guys you just WANTED to play alongside. And there were lots of others in there too - Gene Miles, the Walters brothers, Carne, Renouf, Sailor, Webcke, Civoniceva, Lazarus.

Who are our marquee players now? Thaiday and Hodges? Can you see a player coming to the club to play alongside them? Can you see a player turning down big money from another club to stay?

The Broncos now are just another team. The aura is gone. So that just means the club has to work a lot harder to recruit and retain. They're not doing a good job.

I think it makes it a lot easier to convince players to sign or re-sign when you're a very successful club, as the broncos were throughout the 90s and in to the early 00's. I'm sure most players would happily except a small paycut to play in a successfult team, with the chance to play finals and win gf's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Smokin' Joe
  • K-Style
  • BroncosMan
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Behind enemy lines
  • The Don
  • MrTickyMcG
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Robboi_321
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.