Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Like b4l suggested, Tomkins and Widdop should be prime targets.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I rate Tomkins at least twice as highly as Dugan, he'd definitely add something even if we don't sign anyone else.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Do the recruitment guys actually do any work.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Maybe they'll offer Norman 500k to stay with us now... I fucking hope not.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Maybe they'll offer Norman 500k to stay with us now... I ****ing hope not.

Norman said he won't backflip and will honor it.

I'm hoping Will Hopoate does the opposite and comes here :001_tt2:

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Questions need to be asked.. we got all this money and we were willing to throw it all on this tosser

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe we were never willing in the first place? That might be even more worrying, actually.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
What you mean? Why put out a statement on their website

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Questions need to be asked.. we got all this money and we were willing to throw it all on this tosser

He is a talented player with a few issues, If he could have cleaned himself up it would have been a great buy. If not then I'd like to think there was a clause in there to terminate his contract, same way they let another back go who by all reports had a bad attitude.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Wont matter how much we have, we invested way to heavily in Norman and other like him. We need a full top down clean out at seasons end. Obviously recruitment is an issue so let's start there. Coach and everyone in recruitment goes. Pay whatever is necessary to get the storms recruitment staff. Then get hasler or bellyache when they come off contract. Success is all the matters in professional sport. We arent here to educate sound young men, we are here to win....period....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Those two signings make us premiership threats IMO. Throw TLL if the rumours are true.

1. Tomkins
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Maranta/kemp/someone else
6. Widdop
7. Wallace/hunt (depends on a lot of things
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10 hannant
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. TLL
16. Sanderson
17. Reed

* I have omitted JYY cos at this stage if/when he comes back who knows what position he will play

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Wallace's contract should not be renewed, and tell him as such.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I'm not convinced on Widdop. Haven't seen anything to suggest he's a star, promising but in that Storm team so much is done for him.

Have to question the wisdom of what we are doing. Norman, talented or nuffie, is earmarked as our long term replacement for Lockyer at five eight. So we sign Scott Prince to force him out of position, prompting him to sign elsewhere. Now, Norman might be shithouse, and we could have got lucky, but the fact is Brisbane obviously thought he was good and have done a fucking awful job of securing his services long-term.

Then we catch a break and sign Dugan for 650k a year, then we let him walk, proving that we had money to spend -- a fact seemingly coming to attention after players like Thurston and Farah are taken off the market. Right decision to not sign Dugan in the end, but the worse sign is how completely inept and incompetent our management is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • thenry
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redfern_1980
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skyblues87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.