Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Wallace's contract should not be renewed, and tell him as such.
They won't let him go now, he's been with us too long. He'll retire at the broncos. We resigned him last year for 2 years on $350k+. We've invested too much in the nuffy to let him go, and I don't think any other clubs would even be interested in taking him off our hands.

His entire broncos career should be a template for the "mistakes to never make again" book.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
So we got about 2.4 million to offer someone for the next 3 years. Who's decent coming off contract over the next 3 years?

Best player on the market is Jamie Lyon.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
They won't let him go now, he's been with us too long. He'll retire at the broncos. We resigned him last year for 2 years on $350k+. We've invested too much in the nuffy to let him go, and I don't think any other clubs would even be interested in taking him off our hands.

I don't buy the whole 'keeping him because we've persisted with him for so long' thing, it smacks of bad management.

Our recruitment motto should be this: You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away and know when to run.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't buy the whole 'keeping him because we've persisted with him for so long' thing, it smacks of bad management.

Our recruitment motto should be this: You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away and know when to run.

Simple, we make Kenny Rogers our new recruitment manager.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think Griffin could really use someone to help motivate the side, couldn't think of anyone better, hell make him coach he knows what to do with players past their used by date and talk about a man who gives real pre match interviews!

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
So what are we looking for?
A fullback, centre, half, and a hard hitting forward

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Could also do with a winger, hooker and an impact utility

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Too late to clone the class of 98' ?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
So what are we looking for?
A fullback, centre, half, and a hard hitting forward

Tomkins, Hopoate, Widdop, Tolman (Hala is our hard hitting forward)

Cut all dead weight and play hard ball to get anyone to break contract.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't think Widdop is the half we need.

Could make a decent fullback, but half?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
If it wasn't for Victoria sponsoring his family's immigration he would've been a Bronco already.

For what it's worth I don't think he'll leave since he's one of the many players who will stick with Bellamy.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Just like how Norman was going to stick around to play under our great coach :sleep:

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Izzy is the only player off contract worth pursuing and I don't fancy our chances.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mmmm, yeah I didn't really buy that story from the CM. Sure, he supported the Broncos when he was younger, but how many players supported another team when they were younger only to end up somewhere else and never end up playing for them? It was a good thing that he ended up in Melbourne because I don't think he'd be half the player he is if he wasn't surrounded by the players he is.

My issue with signing Widdop as a half is that I really don't see him as that good a play-maker. Good incisive runner but it's not like his passing, kicking or organising is that exceptional. It's his running game that sets him apart, and it helps when you have Slater there to put the defence in two minds.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
It was a good thing that he ended up in Melbourne because I don't think he'd be half the player he is if he wasn't surrounded by the players he is.

True, most players that leave there show that they are made to look better by the Storm system.

I'd sign anyone for the halves (give Hunt a decent go) and tell Wal/Prince their time at Red Hill is over next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.