Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jakepearce94

NYC Player
Mar 31, 2013
Not saying Hook is the worst, but he isn't gonna attract any players.

So, that being the case ... we need to blood some young blokes ... I would rather come 14th and find out what some young blokes have than come 10th like we are going to
why won't hook attract any players? and so optimistic, we are four games in, we had a ripper game against the storm, if we play like we did against the storm every week than we will go a long way !
As Fullback is now part of the play making I think Widdop could become a top notch goal kicking fullback for the Broncos.
Widdop kicks ?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah, he's 2nd choice behind Smith at the Storm. Pretty good kicker from what I've seen.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
why won't hook attract any players? and so optimistic, we are four games in, we had a ripper game against the storm, if we play like we did against the storm every week than we will go a long way !

Widdop kicks ?

Yes

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

Hes actually quite a good kicker....think fullback would be his spot at Brisbane. Not sure he's naturally a half. Maybe we make a play for him and carney. Personally I'd like to see them have a go a those two plus TLL. Think we are too heavy on backrowers ATM and think moose and hannant are having to ration themselves rather than going flat out. don't know whether we'll get them but we need to try to change what we are doing a bit because the home grown thing doesn't seem to be working ATM.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
[SPOILERS][/SPOILERS]
There really isn't a lot of top line talent on offer for us to sign for next season. Perhaps we need to target the younger brigade and buy back the farm so to speak. Sign the likes of Milford, Moga amongst others instead of wasting big coin on an ok player.
How about we get Widdop next season followed by Johnson the following season. Throw the vault at them

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Johnson and Whiddop aren't the type of players you throw the vault at. Widdop isn't a game breaker and Johnson is extremely hit and miss. Over paying players is madness.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Johnson and Whiddop aren't the type of players you throw the vault at. Widdop isn't a game breaker and Johnson is extremely hit and miss. Over paying players is madness.
I think you are overlooking Johnson's age and what he most likely will develop into. Thurston was lucky to get a game at his age

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think you are overlooking Johnson's age and what he most likely will develop into. Thurston was lucky to get a game at his age

Not the finished product so you don't throw the vault at him.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Not the finished product so you don't throw the vault at him.
I take your point but I bet someone else will. If Norman is getting $450000 a season how much will Johnson be offered. At this stage I know which one I would prefer

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
We haven't explored how far B Hunt can go at half yet, that's a mystery but is the next obvious way to go. A straight swap between roles with Wallace.
If that fails Tyrone "shoelaces" Roberts is off contract at the end of 2014. We might be able to explore any cap pressure if the Knights run into.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
If Hunt has not got a go by now then I cannot see him getting one unless they have a grand plan we cannot see

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Like I said, it's a mystery. They are doing everything they can to drive this guy out. We will only have ourselves to blame when he leaves.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If Hunt has not got a go by now then I cannot see him getting one unless they have a grand plan we cannot see

I think the plan is to wait until he signs elsewhere and then play him at halfback

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Theres a former bronco that comes off contract from the Knights as well in 2014 :sleep:
Korbin Sims comes off contract this year. Would me a good impact player off the bench.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Seriously hunt must love the broncos, anyone else would have left by now. Norman gets put to the 'lowly' position of fullback and can't get out fast enough... Broncs really bagged the wrong horse and now seem too proud to admit it

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hunt is good mates with McCullough. Would love to see what kind of combo they could get together. Sadly it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.