Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
The coach really thinks Norman could be the next Lockyer and he's too lazy to change the team's game plan. Both being left footers.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
How about Danny Wicks? His suspension finishes next year

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hunt is good mates with McCullough. Would love to see what kind of combo they could get together. Sadly it will never happen.

Completely agree, they obviously had a bloody good combo in the 20's. that's probably the one thing that puzzles me as to why hunt hasn't recieved an extended stint in the halves. Hook loves his class '10 u20's so why not go back to what worked... Cos the current set up is not working

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I think the plan is to wait until he signs elsewhere and then play him at halfback
You are wrong here. I have good info that when Norman leaves, Hunt is our next fullback and it is not Karmichael:laugh:

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Why would we want Dan Hunt? I prefer we chase Cummings

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
When I over heard them talking about Hunt to fullback I assumed it was Ben, didn't give Dan a thought

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Any danger of this thread returning to its intent, discussing broncos movements and rumours - instead of these ridiculous dad jokes

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think the names being bandied about most are Widdop and Johnson. Yesterday was the first game from Johnson where he looked good since 2011. He's very much an off the cuff player, play what's in front of him. In the highly structured game plan Hook uses, I'm not so sure he'd work for us. People say Lockyer was an off the cuff player and that worked in 2011, but he was also exceptional at executing a plan. Johnson doesn't seem to be. Maybe that'll come with experience, who knows? In any case it'd probably necessitate keeping Wallace longer term, which fills me with dread.

Widdop is, and should always be considered a fullback. I think he can work in the halves, as Beads said, only if he has star players around him in the 1, 7, 9. A luxury the Broncos most certainly don't have.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Does anybody seriously think Widdop would willingly leave the Storm ?

I highly doubt it. Bellamy rates him as a key player for their future as the big three won't be around forever.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Does anybody seriously think Widdop would willingly leave the Storm ?

I highly doubt it. Bellamy rates him as a key player for their future as the big three won't be around forever.
The Broncos felt the same about Norman and we don't have the three best players in the game tying up the salary cap.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
correct - but we have a bunch of nuffies all tying up the salary cap with their huge salaries.

That's obviously not true keeping in mind what we were offering Dugan and that we had money to spare for a half as well

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
correct - but we have a bunch of nuffies all tying up the salary cap with their huge salaries.
That's debatable when your highest paid player is on $450k in a salary cap of 5.85m that's going up incrementally over the next 4 years.

J

jakepearce94

NYC Player
Mar 31, 2013
Seriously hunt must love the broncos, anyone else would have left by now. Norman gets put to the 'lowly' position of fullback and can't get out fast enough... Broncs really bagged the wrong horse and now seem too proud to admit it
norman is better than hunt

Pigskin

Pigskin

NYC Player
Mar 5, 2008
the thing that irks me about the now finished Dugan saga, is that apparantly we are between 600k and 1 million under the cap ... how the frig does that happen ?

for a couple of young blokes on the rise, didn't Dan Tupou and Roger Tui-Sheck look a million bucks last night ... is it any wonder Chooks fans can't wait until Mini retires

imho Ben Hunt has nothing, the sooner he leaves the better ... Norman has something, but not 500k worth of something at this point

Oink !

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Norman has a prettier face. I assume that's what you mean by him having more than Hunt, Pigskin? Because there's certainly no ability in our number 1. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.