Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Norman is more talented than Hunt, but he's never been better.

The only time Norman has played to his ability is when he's had Hunt beside him at half.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
everyones very quick to write norman off but never give the guy props for doing well. thought he had a really good game on friday and played big parts in the attack which got us our tries.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
:thumbdown: Bah, generalisations.

He's received credit for his work at the back. Not an overwhelming amount, sure, but his work at the back ensures he doesn't deserve that amount.

I actually think Prince if anyone hasn't gotten enough credit for that spread. Compare him to Norman last year and it's making a huge difference.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
So... apparently Norman might back out of his deal as per the round 13 clause :tongue_smilie:

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
There's no one better than Lockyer to get in his ear about it.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Do we really want to keep Norman around though?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Not for anything close to what he'll be getting at Parra. He'll move back to 5/8th eventually - either for us or for them, and it's fairly likely he'll just struggle without the extra space to move in once again.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Only if he a) plays fullback b) plays like he did last night, every night c) takes less money

I don't understand his drive to play 5/8 which hes already struggled with here at a worse club, if not the worst.

Last edited:
Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I don't like players backing out of deals. Even if it's going to benefit the Broncos, I'd rather Norman stick to his deal.

And this isn't just because I'm still not convinced he's the answer at fullback, it'll take a few more performances like last night's to change my mind.

Last edited:
pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
norman sucks. he played well the other night but has sucked the rest of the time

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Norman has the potential to be the one that got away. He could also be the one we are glad we let get away. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Normans only position he plays well in is fullback, since whenever he has to play there he cracks the sads because the delusional idiot thinks he's a five eight... He will never be the one that got away, especially not when he's going to parra. Ricky would have killed his confidence in about 6 months and he will be the highest paid player at wenty. Daniel Mortimer anyone?

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Only if he a) plays fullback b) plays like he did last night, every night c) takes less money

I don't understand his drive to play 5/8 which hes already struggled with here at a worse club, if not the worst.

I'd be happy with a) and EITHER b) or c) - if he plays like he did Friday night (and continues to improve) and stops whinging that he's a 5/8 (cuz he's clearly not) - then I'd pay what Parra's paying. Under the new cap I think he's worth it. You need a ball-playing FB these days to have any chance of a premiership, and he's started to show what all the fuss was about.

I'd hate if he got away and became a gun. I'd hate if he stayed, and didn't improve. It's a risk, but it's clear he's got the talent. Just a matter of what he wants to do with it. Damn I'm back on the fence now..

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Is there any evidence that Norman has 'cracked the sads' because he's been playing fullback, or is it just a bit of rumour-mongering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bronx48
  • Scdeac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.