Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Locky24

QCup Player
May 17, 2009
Wasn't there a rumour a few weeks back, saying Folau will sign for Dogs & Barba to Broncos? Well it's going around now, Izzy is set to sign woth the Dogs.. Didn't also someone say expect a signing before round 13?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Close to announcing a couple of re-signings.

cool. Hopefully Kahu is one of our re-signings. Plenty of our young forwards are off contract so any number of them could also be re-signed.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Wasn't there a rumour a few weeks back, saying Folau will sign for Dogs & Barba to Broncos? Well it's going around now, Izzy is set to sign woth the Dogs.. Didn't also someone say expect a signing before round 13?

I heard the whole Folau to Dogs and Barba to Broncos "Rumour", any source on Folau set to sign with Dogs?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If the Folau signing is true surely the Bulldogs have to release a player or 2. We all know Folau won't come cheaply. He will probably be the dogs highest paid player.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Phil Rothfield - Twitter

Possible link or at least a copy and paste of the tweet? Couldn't find anything on his Twitter relating to the Dogs or Folau.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
My bad, my source was the LU twitter feed which reported that Rothfield announced the rumour on the Continuous Call Team

Don't know how to link to twitter.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
@LeagueUnlimited: The Telegraph's Buzz Rothfield has just told the @2GB873 Continuous Call Team that @IzzyFolau is set to sign with Canterbury #NRL

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
@LeagueUnlimited: The Telegraph's Buzz Rothfield has just told the @2GB873 Continuous Call Team that @IzzyFolau is set to sign with Canterbury #NRL

Thanks!

I think that'll be great news if he does.

1) We get him for Queensland / Australia
2) They might let Barba / other good players go, which we might (probably won't, knowing our admin) sign.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I know I can be very lenient on our admin etc. But I swear to god, if barba is shopped around or released and we don't sign him, or at least do all we can to try and sign him I will lose my fucking shit.

If hook even does one of his cliched "we are aware Ben is now available, but we are happy with what whether got" I'll dead set camp outside red hill with a Sack Griffin sign

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Watching Keary tonight he looks ok. hard to really tell much about him though. He has defended well though and looks very confident and assured.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If hook even does one of his cliched "we are aware Ben is now available, but we are happy with what whether got" I'll dead set camp outside red hill with a Sack Griffin sign

That could be fun!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
If we went after the Canberra bogan, I cannot imagine we wouldn't chase Barba hard...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If we went after the Canberra bogan, I cannot imagine we wouldn't chase Barba hard...
Well the Bulldogs have to shed someone good, surely. I actually can't see why they'd sign Folau if they'd have to get rid of Barba, that just wouldn't make sense.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Knowing our luck, they will probably shed like 4 or 5 of their junior/inexperienced players - players like Tapau, Mitch Brown, Low, Lafai etc

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Remember the time we shipped off 10 players to sign him.. that was fun.

Reactions: Kaz
Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I actually can't see why they'd sign Folau if they'd have to get rid of Barba, that just wouldn't make sense.

Because Barba isn't popular with some players.

Don't believe the Dogs when they say the story about Barba not being on the outer is a load of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Swordfish
  • MrMoore
  • levikaden
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.