Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really has to happen IMO, if we keep playing like this the crowds will fall away quickly and that will be enough to force a change.
I went to the Cows game this year and it was feckin exy. No way I'll part with that amount of cash and do the travel to watch **** rugby league.
I'd say a lot of ppl are thinking that way.

Yeah, I think so. I'm certainly not regretting my decision not to renew my membership. I'm quite happy that I can sit at home and watch on TV and if they're truly diabolical go do something else. LOL Although being the masochist I am I watch to full time. At least I don't have the fucking train ride home after to deal with.

And really, it's not like a night out at Suncorp is particularly exciting. Most Broncos games are light on atmosphere.

Yeah, I think so. I'm certainly not regretting my decision not to renew my membership. I'm quite happy that I can sit at home and watch on TV and if they're truly diabolical go do something else. LOL Although being the masochist I am I watch to full time. At least I don't have the fucking train ride home after to deal with.

And really, it's not like a night out at Suncorp is particularly exciting. Most Broncos games are light on atmosphere.
Very much the way I've been doing it as well... And I often will watch the replay, just to pile it on! :001_rolleyes:

OK so I have been looking over the off contract players for 2013 and 2014. The way I see it is our best option is to not bother with any big signings this year unless we can get a DCE, Milford, Barba to come to us this year. Next season both our halves are off contract so we should have plenty of coin to throw at Milford who is off contract. Shaun Johnson is also off contract next year as well. Edrick Lee and Tautua Moga are some quality young backs off contract that we could also look at.

Kevin Naiqama is off contract this year and according to zero tackle so is Marika Koroibete - both would be fantastic back signings with speed that our team doesn't have.

There's actually a highly talented player off contract this year (Lyon) but unfortunately he plays the one position we already have covered.

Kevin Naiqama is off contract this year and according to zero tackle so is Marika Koroibete - both would be fantastic back signings with speed that our team doesn't have.

There's actually a highly talented player off contract this year (Lyon) but unfortunately he plays the one position we already have covered.

Unless ofcourse..

1) Hodges
2) Hoffman
3) Reed
4) Lyon
5) Yow Yeh

Edit: Just kidding, I don't think we need to be chasing players in their 30's

Last edited:
Unless ofcourse..

1) Hodges
2) Hoffman
3) Reed
4) Lyon
5) Yow Yeh

Edit: Just kidding, I don't think we need to be chasing players in their 30's

Yeah for like one game then Hodges would be out injured

I've taken to recording it on the IQ then watching from about 8.15. It doesn't take long to catch up when you fast forward through the adds and scrums etc, then if it's close or we are playing well I watch the last 15 or so live.

I've taken to recording it on the IQ then watching from about 8.15. It doesn't take long to catch up when you fast forward through the adds and scrums etc, then if it's close or we are playing well I watch the last 15 or so live.

Yeah I do similar sometimes, especially if I have to put the tikes to bed.

Yeah, I think so. I'm certainly not regretting my decision not to renew my membership. I'm quite happy that I can sit at home and watch on TV and if they're truly diabolical go do something else. LOL Although being the masochist I am I watch to full time. At least I don't have the ****ing train ride home after to deal with.

I renewed just to keep my membership streak of 6 years going this year.

Suncorp/Broncos not being exciting has a lot to do with this thread... stale roster and boring coach make vertigo something something.

I also didn't renew my membership of 5 years due to the roster and lack of recruitment. . Yet still nothing changes, same old boring side to watch.. it's painful at times

I also didn't renew my membership of 5 years due to the roster and lack of recruitment. . Yet still nothing changes, same old boring side to watch.. it's painful at times

Well that's not why I didn't renew, but that certainly isn't changing my mind

Any chance we can move this stuff out of this thread and into a 'I'll only support my team when their winning' discussion thread?

Nice bait

I'm not baiting at all. All I'm saying is this has no place in this thread. I, like most other supporters at the moment are concerned about the lack of recruitment currently, so when I log in and I see an update to the 'Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013' thread I think "oh wow hopefully some good news"... so it's pretty disappointing to open it up and see a continued discussion about 'why I didn't/won't renew my membership'. My comment about the title for this discussion was based on my opinion that you don't stop going to games/having a membership simply because the team isn't as fantastic as it has been. There are many reasons not to renew financial/family/relocation etc. etc. but IMO because you don't like the roster or they are not winning heaps or entertaining enough is not a good reason. I say that because I believe you are there for the good times (and more so) the bad. It's easy to be a supporter when your winning premierships but not so when the team is like they currently are. I feel the same about all these 'die hard' souths supporters that have just come out of the woodwork.

I had no intention to bait with my comment I was simply expressing my thoughts

So you've got membership do you?

I sure do, I have for the last three seasons as well. The only reason I didn't have one earlier was because up until then I wasn't living in Brisbane

I'm not baiting at all. All I'm saying is this has no place in this thread. I, like most other supporters at the moment are concerned about the lack of recruitment currently, so when I log in and I see an update to the 'Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013' thread I think "oh wow hopefully some good news"... so it's pretty disappointing to open it up and see a continued discussion about 'why I didn't/won't renew my membership'. My comment about the title for this discussion was based on my opinion that you don't stop going to games/having a membership simply because the team isn't as fantastic as it has been. There are many reasons not to renew financial/family/relocation etc. etc. but IMO because you don't like the roster or they are not winning heaps or entertaining enough is not a good reason. I say that because I believe you are there for the good times (and more so) the bad. It's easy to be a supporter when your winning premierships but not so when the team is like they currently are. I feel the same about all these 'die hard' souths supporters that have just come out of the woodwork.

I had no intention to bait with my comment I was simply expressing my thoughts

Maybe no intention, but saying those who don't have memberships are "only supporting my team when their (sic) winning" certainly comes across as an attack.

But yes I agree, it's off topic. Let's get back to rumours.

I'm still hopeful Peter Wallace is off to Penrith, or anywhere else but Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
  • ostin86
  • theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • broncoscope
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Tmac
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.