Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
so what has to happen, or more to the point, what has to not happen before Griffin gets asked to hand the keys back ? Would finishing outside the top eight this season do it ? Given that he has friends in high places at the club, I think he'd survive that scenario ... even though 2014 is looking like a write-off at this point, i reckon if the club makes a couple of big pickups for 2015, he'll at least be given a shot with an improved roster ...

either way, its a **** ****en sandwich unless the guy undergoes hypnosis by aliens...
Henjak had friends in high places too.

Hook is the right guy for the job, but the Broncos have always had it's superstars, it's what the club plays on, what is expected and what the fans demand and it's what is missing from the side atm and Hook is ultimately responsible for that. Don't be fooled into thinking it's something that the club isn't aware of, to his credit hook has admitted as much with his announcement that the cheque book is open. However, the problem is the mixed messages the club has been sending on recruitment, I endorse the clubs position on recruiting from within, but you then can't let them slip the net soo easily. Prince and Dugan were more examples of mixed messages that have left the fans scratching their heads. We have come to expect that the club has a plan, but evidence of late suggests a lot of short-termism with no real direction for what shape our roster will take within the next 24months.

Last edited:
austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
We've invested far too much in mcCullough to dump him now. If Cameron Smith or Ballin came on the market, they'd be the only ones I'd dump him for.

This is the problem. .Because we have already spent alot of money on players.. You think its right to keep throwing money at them even if they're playing crap.. They threw alot of money. .time and development into Norman too and look how that went.. Dodged a bullet there because otherwise we would have kept him just because he came thru the system.. Seems if they come thru the system and turn out average Noone wants to say..Hey we got it wrong let's get rid of this guy. . No No No, Just keep paying him more money to under perform every week :)

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm just so glad we got rid if Norman. Seriously that guy is piss weak. You only have to compare the way him and hunt handle the arrival of prince to see who is the tougher character and I know which guy I want in my team

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Interesting article in the CM today with griffin talking about Norman, prince, recruitment etc. after reading that I really feel like we have someone coming. When questioned about the lack of recruitment he commented about how they have been looking and refuse to let it play out in public. I feel like if there was no one coming he would have just pushed out the standard 'we are happy with our current team of champions and don't need to look outside' tripe

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
This is the problem. .Because we have already spent alot of money on players.. You think its right to keep throwing money at them even if they're playing crap.. They threw alot of money. .time and development into Norman too and look how that went.. Dodged a bullet there because otherwise we would have kept him just because he came thru the system.. Seems if they come thru the system and turn out average Noone wants to say..Hey we got it wrong let's get rid of this guy. . No No No, Just keep paying him more money to under perform every week :)

I didn't mean investment in money. I meant investment as our long term option. And despite what many of the doomsdayers say with their anti-McCullough agenda he is improving. He is still young in terms of hooker-qualityness and is improving aspects of his game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I didn't mean investment in money. I meant investment as our long term option. And despite what many of the doomsdayers say with their anti-McCullough agenda he is improving. He is still young in terms of hooker-qualityness and is improving aspects of his game.

Macca needs to start producing though. He needs to take ownership of the side. Kick more out of dummy half and look to create. He needs to stop with the dumb plays when we are in an attacking position.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Macca needs to start producing though. He needs to take ownership of the side. Kick more out of dummy half and look to create. He needs to stop with the dumb plays when we are in an attacking position.

I totally agree he is not the finished product and there are areas of his game he needs to work on. However, he is not performing as badly as BroncosHq makes out.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I totally agree he is not the finished product and there are areas of his game he needs to work on. However, he is not performing as badly as BroncosHq makes out.

Probably true but he has over 100 games to his name it is time for him to step up.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Probably true but he has over 100 games to his name it is time for him to step up.

Admittedly I don't know too much about the mechanics of Rugby League, coaching structures or how to coach a dummy half, but I think McCullough is being compared too much with Smith. For starters, Smith is a natural freak, but he's also had a great coach his whole career and halves that know what their doing around him. How much of McCullough's current play is his fault? He obviously has the talent and we have seen glimpses of his true potential. Is the coach to blame? Are the halves to blame? Or is it all down to McCullough?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Griffin claims that the Broncos "have a plan" recruitment wise, but I honestly don't believe him, either that or our recruitment plan is to just use what we've got in the NYC and QCUP.

Unless Wallace leaves, I can't see us buying anyone for next season.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Could have plenty to do with coaching structures but surely quicker service out of dummy half and doing some kicking from dummy half wouldn't be a no no .

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
What's the go with the Round 13 deadline? Is that only for players who have signed existing contracts to get out of them? Or is it a deadline for all contracts? Can players sign with a club for 2014 after Round 13? I'm guessing a player can't be released from their existing contract for 2013 after Round 13.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Could have plenty to do with coaching structures but surely quicker service out of dummy half and doing some kicking from dummy half wouldn't be a no no .

He's shown he can kick out of dummy half. There was a game a few seasons ago where he kicked 2 40/20s in the first 15 minutes and was going great before Henjak replaced him after about 20. Seemed a strange decision at the time as he was playing really well. Also, kicking out of dummy half seems to have gone out the window this season with Norman doing the majority of the kicking. Could also be a game plan thing, which isn't McCullough's fault.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
He's shown he can kick out of dummy half. There was a game a few seasons ago where he kicked 2 40/20s in the first 15 minutes and was going great before Henjak replaced him after about 20. Seemed a strange decision at the time as he was playing really well. Also, kicking out of dummy half seems to have gone out the window this season with Norman doing the majority of the kicking. Could also be a game plan thing, which isn't McCullough's fault.

I know he is capable of kicking I just wonder why it has stopped. It would be dumb if Hook has instructed him not to kick out of dummy half.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I know he is capable of kicking I just wonder why it has stopped. It would be dumb if Hook has instructed him not to kick out of dummy half.

If you want to know why he's stopped kicking, see last nights kicking for touch on penalties (Did anyone else find that strange?)

It's almost like Griffin is preparing McCullough for joining the Halves next year..

6. Hunt
7. McCullough
9. Granville

lol'd

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
How many times has Macca kicked it out on the full this year. Maybe he's been told not to kick

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
How many times has Macca kicked it out on the full this year. Maybe he's been told not to kick

He's too erratic with the boot anywhere near the sidelines. Doesn't kick out on the foot on penalties or he does in general play.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
OK so I have been looking over the off contract players for 2013 and 2014. The way I see it is our best option is to not bother with any big signings this year unless we can get a DCE, Milford, Barba to come to us this year. Next season both our halves are off contract so we should have plenty of coin to throw at Milford who is off contract. Shaun Johnson is also off contract next year as well. Edrick Lee and Tautua Moga are some quality young backs off contract that we could also look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Organix
  • john1420
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • levikaden
  • The Strapper
  • Tim K
  • RolledOates
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Dexter
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • winslow_wong
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.