Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
The timing of this announcement tells me that we must have been lurking around a few of those names though. I heard a rumour about Carney, but he wasn't going to leave the Sharks for anything less than an outrageous amount. Happy we didn't spend a fortune on Widdop or worse... Soward!
Josh Reynolds wasn't gonna leave the Bulldogs and isn't what we need anyway, but still sad that Dugan is such a wanker!

Have no issue with not chasing anyone else at the moment, as there is no one to chase officially.

Whether the Barba and Johnson rumours are true or not, and they appear quite persistent, we couldn't take any other official stance.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Just six weeks after declaring "we are in the market for a playmaker now" when Corey Norman agreed to join Parramatta, Griffin has confirmed the mooted recruitment drive will not eventuate.

Broncos Recruitment Staff said:
14ddeso.jpg

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Not surprised at all. Now the smart thing to do is re-sign some of our younger talent and try to make some clever signing if other clubs under 20's stars imo. Buy back some of the young QLD talent.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The way he says several times about 'players just becoming available' screams to me "barba barba barba, we've signed Ben barba"

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
They better make sure Ben Hunt doesn't leave then, and they'd better get him into shape to play halfback .... and to be creative.

:001_rolleyes:

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't fear the club still has a few tricks up in its sleeve when it comes to recruiting, I'm sure we will make a big announcement of some ex Bronco coming to play in 2014.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Don't fear the club still has a few tricks up in its sleeve when it comes to recruiting, I'm sure we will make a big announcement of some ex Bronco coming to play in 2014.

Probably a Neville Costigan or Tom Learoyd Lahrs type.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The way he says several times about 'players just becoming available' screams to me "barba barba barba, we've signed Ben barba"

I do get that feeling as well but I am not at all confident about it. Things can change very quickly.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

My mail is a current international half is going to sign.

John Plath. He's currently playing for Australia in over 40s Oztag.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
My god we really have become a joke...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is because club management is reactive instead of proactive

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Any chance we can lure Ribot back to the Broncos? god he knew how to run the club.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
My mail is a current international half is going to sign.

John Plath. He's currently playing for Australia in over 40s Oztag.

One of the best Broncos' Sons ever. I'd sign him in a heartbeat, as long as he's lost none of his niggle.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Probably a Neville Costigan or Tom Learoyd Lahrs type.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was Berrigan, Tate or Tuquiri. I just have feeling we're going to get all exceited, for it to only be another massive facepalm.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
We will get a union player, ARU overspent and need to pull in their money so may drop some players salaries.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We will get a union player, ARU overspent and need to pull in their money so may drop some players salaries.

I'll be extremely surprised if this happens. They get huge offers from France and Japan so unless they want to live/stay in Brisbane they'll be in for a pay cut I'd imagine.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
So does anyone know what the major twist is in the Broncos halfback story is hat will be in league week tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Aldo
  • thenry
  • Harry Sack
  • Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.