Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Who's to say we haven't already made a play. He's said something like, "I'm not willing to go to QLD for less than $1M." If that's the case I can understand us not going any further.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
telegraph reporting he is staying at the sharks to be confirmed very shortly. looks like it was going to cost way too much to get him to come here anyway. i wouldnt agree with paying him 1mil+ so that is that.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
In a couple of years $1M is going to be the same as $500K in 2008 or so.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Warriors need to pay overs to convince a superstar to cross the ditch so I can see why they offered it.

of course they do, it rains EVERY day there .... and the people are essentially stupid.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Okay who's left on the market that we might be keeping a secret... Folau? Tomkins? Loche?.. Are we waiting to take what's left...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There's Sam Williams, but it seems like I'm one of the few who even notices he exists. I do rate him pretty highly, I think he has great potential.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd expect Sam to sign with Penrith very soon. It feels like the Broncos are making a play for someone under contract because nothing that is out of contract is what we need or at the very least worth the money IMO. I hope that is the case. I'd hate to see us go with Hoffman at fullback and Prince and Wallace as the halves next year.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
If we go with Hoffman at fullback say goodbye to next year

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman at fullback wouldn't be as bad if we signed a gun half IMO. Still not ideal though.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Been told that the Broncos DID approach Digby Ioane when the troubles between him and the Reds came to light, He was very very close to signing before the french offer.

Also Rod Davies is a chance of leaving the Reds however doesn't wish to leave QLD if possible.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Been told that the Broncos DID approach Digby Ioane when the troubles between him and the Reds came to light, He was very very close to signing before the french offer.

Also Rod Davies is a chance of leaving the Reds however doesn't wish to leave QLD if possible.

so that confirms it then - the broncos are officially asleep at the wheel and in the market ONLY for the fish John West rejects ...

better stock up on DVDs from those premiership years cos we're not going to see another one for a long time

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
so that confirms it then - the broncos are officially asleep at the wheel and in the market ONLY for the fish John West rejects ...

better stock up on DVDs from those premiership years cos we're not going to see another one for a long time

How does this rumour confirm anything?

What a strange conclusion to draw.

It's like if it was reported the Broncos enquired about Adrian Peterson, failed to get him, and we were to conclude that they better buy a new kitchen at Red Hill to load up on wooden spoons.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
From what I was told Digby wanted to join club then the French offer came in and Brisbane told him to take the money and set himself up, the door will be open in 2yrs.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The only rugby guys I would be keen on are the Savea brothers.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Why would the door be open for Digby in 2 years?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Your guess is as good as mine on that one, I could understand if he was a little younger as that would be a perfect time to slip him in replacing Hodges but in 2yrs he will be 30. Which I guess goes on the Broncos recruitment lately of getting guys in their last few years.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd be pretty devastated if we are desperate enough to sign a 30 year old Digby in 2 years. He is pretty injury prone. Would have been good to see how he went in league though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • the_next
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.