Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I reckon SJ And Wallace would complement each other as a halves partnership.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Maybe but I'm only being realistic here, I don't think Hunt will get a shot in the halves and Wallace is going nowhere. That being said I wouldn't mind Hunt/SJ in the halves either but ideally I'd like to see him actually play in the halves for 5-6 games in a row first so we can have a real gauge of how good he is in that position.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
we don't want Locke ... apparently the guy has been held together with araldite and saw dust ever since he collided with the goal post a couple of years ago scoring that try in the rain ...

they didn't glue him up good enough on sunday ..

Funny you say that, I was trying to think when the last time I saw him doing something impressive and that incident was exactly what I remembered. Hasn't been the same since.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Funny you say that, I was trying to think when the last time I saw him doing something impressive and that incident was exactly what I remembered. Hasn't been the same since.

I was being a little flippant with those comments but apparently there are some ongoing issues with Locke's fitness as a result of that incident..

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If we were indeed going to sign him I reckon Gee would be thinking twice after his injury.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I'm not sure Gee really thinks anymore, Who has he signed for us that was worth it?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He shook Inglis' hand on just about his first day as Mr Manager. Even though it didn't work out, he must have thought that his work here was done and it couldn't be topped.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Are you watching 2008 highlights again?

Every morning my friend. I watch it on my mobile while eating cereal. Then I watch it again before I go to bed at night. What? You got a problem?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Rumour is Locke is going to England

Let's hope we can lure him over even though we would be paying less money. I know he's not playing up to scratch, but I think just about all the good players at Warriors are turning out average games. Their confidence is down and they are lost.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Every morning my friend. I watch it on my mobile while eating cereal. Then I watch it again before I go to bed at night. What? You got a problem?

Nothing at all, I love the idea of picking players on form from 5yrs ago, I was just thinking how Leon Bott would be great on the other wing for us.

J

jakepearce94

NYC Player
Mar 31, 2013
My dads friend went to the Leagues Club on sunday, and asked Parker to sign stuff for her boys, She asked him about the Locke rumours, and she said he just grinned & winked.
I thought it was only a rumour on here, could just be someone talking shit...

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
So I heard on the radio Carney is most likely signing with Penrith but the Warriors have supposedly offered him a $mill a season for 5 years.

This got me thinking, for a club like the Broncos who have openly said we are looking for a playmaker, how the hell have we not at least been linked with Carney?

Now he may be just trying to boost his offer from the Sharks but it pisses me off that we aren't even linked as a tiny, minuscule chance of signing someone like Carney!

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Old news mate. He has reportedly turned down $950K/year from the Warriors to stay at the Sharks for much less ($650K is the rumour).

He's good, but not worth a Mill a year ffs!

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Warriors need to pay overs to convince a superstar to cross the ditch so I can see why they offered it.

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
He's definitely not worth a mill but I would like to know we have at least thrown our hat in the ring.

Plus the fact that he's willing to look at other offers I would have hoped we'd at least be linked with him.

I really hope we're making a secret play for Carney and he'll be with us in 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • leon.bott
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.