Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Jared already left the Broncos when the Broncos started chasing Jordan?

Jarrod left at the end of '08 to the Cows and hated it, went home and never came back in '09.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
RE Digby, I was thinking about this last night when I read the post. Maybe the Broncos think that we could get him cheaper if he makes all his money over in France, rather than paying top dollar for him now?? I don't follow Union at all, but he seems to be a pretty powerful and speedy winger, could have been handy. I'd rather us recruit a half or fullback though.

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Folau said last night he's open to ALL offers....

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
My biggest problem with signing Folau is that the management will likely be content with keeping everything else the way it is since we've made 1 high profile signing. Our main priority should be signing a half and then possibly a fullback second.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Who gives a crap, he's worth whatever we pay him. We can still sign a fullback or half.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If Brisbane make any big signings for 2014 I expect it will come from outside of the NRL, all the big names are pretty much locked away and there are big names in other leagues looking for their 2014 contract.

The Lions tour will be interest with some big name players expected to be over looked and funny enough those players are also off contract or with get out clauses if they don't play for the Wallabies and the ARU are rumored to be cutting some contracts as well after losing a fair bit last year.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
I think if we do end up signing Folau it should be for 4 years so we get a guaranteed benefit. That's worth losing a few players over. Sadly it would mean Kemp never gets to see first grade for Broncos again.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Folau would a welcome addition, but we really need playmakers.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
You couldn't play Izzy at fullback. He is on par with Tate when it comes to being able to pass it to his winger. If we has the halves to take us all the way and had cap space then you get Folau IMO.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I reckon folau has already signed with the dogs, he is just making the 'open to all offers' statement so that he doesn't look like anymore of a tool than he already does

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Nothing would be more awesome than seeing Folau in a Bulldogs jersey.

Dogs have re-signed Pritchard, Eastwood, Reynolds already this year, as well as Klemmer last year for 340k a season. They also re-signed Tolman when it wasn't looking too likely. As such it would be almost impossible they could also sign the mercenary that is Folau without off loading somebody.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nothing would be more awesome than seeing Folau in a Bulldogs jersey.

Dogs have re-signed Pritchard, Eastwood, Reynolds already this year, as well as Klemmer last year for 340k a season. They also re-signed Tolman when it wasn't looking too likely. As such it would be almost impossible they could also sign the mercenary that is Folau without off loading somebody.

I to find it hard to believe they could fit him in the cap. It could see Barbs released to us.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bullfrogs don't operate under a salary cap, it's been obvious for a long time.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Bullfrogs don't operate under a salary cap, it's been obvious for a long time.

Exactly, and now with old mate Todd calling the shots at nrl hq the will be well looked after

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Optimist Ari likes to think that means we are waiting for Barba to be released.

Realist Ari thinks we are stuck with Wallace and Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Morepudding
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.