Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
1910 Do you think we might see Marmin in halves with B Hunt ?

You'd have to think it's a bit early to assume anything yet.

Hopefully one of our young guns carves it up in pre-season and gets the 5/8 gig fulltime.

Where is the sting? :smile:
Griffin's specialty, putting size on and this player needs it

The sting = the wing as far as I'm aware.

Decent signing by the sounds of things

I was always quietly hopeful we'd get M Barba as well. He could be Great in the six or nine.

Certainly doesn't hurt to boost our depth in the halves.

Out of the off contract players, who is likely to re-sign? There's a big list and I haven't heard a thing about re-signing them. Id like Jordan Drew, Brandon Gibb, Dale Copley, Mitchell Dodds, Cameron Cullen and Francis Molo to stay at least. Would have loved to have kept Caleb Timu too.

Out of the off contract players, who is likely to re-sign? There's a big list and I haven't heard a thing about re-signing them. Id like Jordan Drew, Brandon Gibb, Dale Copley, Mitchell Dodds, Cameron Cullen and Francis Molo to stay at least. Would have loved to have kept Caleb Timu too.

I THINK it was Gibb, posted up an Instagram video, and was wearing Titans shorts saying pre-season starts next week

I THINK it was Gibb, posted up an Instagram video, and was wearing Titans shorts saying pre-season starts next week

I can't find his Instagram to check! haha

bgibb88, to be honest I don't even remember what he looks like, so not sure if it's him in the vid or he's recording it haha

That's Jarrod Wallace in the video. I wonder if he has signed with the Titans then?

just realized he has tagged a heap of Broncos in it so maybe not?

Last edited:

I guess everyone we can see in the pre season training gallery should be signed for next year. Surprised not to hear anything about Copley, he was primed to have a big 2013 before his injury. Any news on if he'll still be at the club next season?

I guess everyone we can see in the pre season training gallery should be signed for next year. Surprised not to hear anything about Copley, he was primed to have a big 2013 before his injury. Any news on if he'll still be at the club next season?

griffin sounded excited to have copley back on board so i dont think he's going anywhere. wasnt it yow yeh that said his biggest issue was fighting out with copley for a spot in the team or soemthing?

griffin sounded excited to have copley back on board so i dont think he's going anywhere. wasnt it yow yeh that said his biggest issue was fighting out with copley for a spot in the team or soemthing?

I never really rated copley that highly, he was just an average winger. Was he a Griffin 20's player?

I never really rated copley that highly, he was just an average winger. Was he a Griffin 20's player?

Yes, as most of our first grade squad is. Can we please not turn this into another anti griffin thing

Just like Sam isn't a prop but when he plays shit or worse in the backrow it's ok.

But on Copley tbh with the recruits we got now and Oates pushing for a spot in the 17 his going to have a hard time cementing a spot IMO, even at centre if that his truly his position.

Last edited:
Copley I think is one of those guys that may have missed his chance for now. I hope that isn't the case, because I do rate him. He had a strong finish to 2012 from memory and I had high hopes for his 2013. With the recruiting we've done though and if Hoffy stays, it's a tough ask for him to crack the starting 17 IMO

Yeah Copley had a great end to 2012 but sucked really badly before that. I rate him now too but I would love nothing more than for him to be kept out of the team by a Vidot that fulfills his potential, a JYY who returns to something near his best, Hodges returns firing and Oates pushes on, I couldn't be happier if he can't make the team.

Yeah Copley had a great end to 2012 but sucked really badly before that. I rate him now too but I would love nothing more than for him to be kept out of the team by a Vidot that fulfills his potential, a JYY who returns to something near his best, Hodges returns firing and Oates pushes on, I couldn't be happier if he can't make the team.

Exactly my point. Some guys only get a small window of opportunity to crack it and I think he may have missed it due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• cento
  • Cavalo
  • kiwi2
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncorob
  • Jeza23
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • tajhay
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.