Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a waste of money.
FFS the Titans want him to leave and some of you want to sign him. That just proves how low we have sunk the last couple of years

Last edited:
FFS the Titans want him to leave and some of you want to sign him. That just proves how low we have sunk the last couple of years

IIRC he was signed on semi-decent coin, which was basically the **** You that Friend needed to leave. Between $300-$400k I think. So they're probably shedding him because he doesn't justify the money, not because he's useless.

If that's the logic we're going by, the ship sailed (or sunk) when we signed Waddell.

But Srama is a good player that would provide some good value for us at minimum wage. Won't play in the starting side but he would be a very useful bench and depth player.

But Srama is a good player that would provide some good value for us at minimum wage. Won't play in the starting side but he would be a very useful bench and depth player.

That's what he's been offered to get at the Titans- why would he leave?

Titans have made plenty mistakes, you're assuming they're right and Srams is 4th best at the club.

Titans have made plenty mistakes, you're assuming they're right and Srams is 4th best at the club.
I don't think he is 4th best, I just don't think we should be signing him. Much better players if we are patient plus I would rather another big man. BTW I don't think he is worth the 300000 - 400000 that has been mentioned

If that's the logic we're going by, the ship sailed (or sunk) when we signed Waddell.
Srama won't want to sign for what we would pay him. Do you really think Srama is a shrewd investment for us?

Srama won't want to sign for what we would pay him. Do you really think Srama is a shrewd investment for us?

It depends what he costs. Obviously at 300k he can **** off, but you can't assume that's anywhere near what he'd be getting.

Look at Martin Kennedy. Arguably much more accomplished given he's almost played Origin. We signed him for supposedly 400k and are now reportedly releasing him back to the Roosters who'll be paying him about 100k. If that's the price Kennedy fetches these days what makes you think Srama is any different?

And at 100k, yes, I think he's a shrewd investment.

It depends what he costs. Obviously at 300k he can **** off, but you can't assume that's anywhere near what he'd be getting.

Look at Martin Kennedy. Arguably much more accomplished given he's almost played Origin. We signed him for supposedly 400k and are now reportedly releasing him back to the Roosters who'll be paying him about 100k. If that's the price Kennedy fetches these days what makes you think Srama is any different?

Maybe he can play prop then

Where is the report saying they are paying Kennedy 100000?

The Srama deal is merely food for thought. Let's say if, the Titans were keen to let him go, would I offer him a contract? Sure, did you guys see what became of Brenton Lawrence & Joseph Tomane?

I rate Srama as a dummy half. It's been awhile since I've been able to look at his game, but I liked how busy he was around the ruck and how he seemed to play an up-tempo style of play. I can understand the Titans looking to let him go under the pretense that he's injury prone but that doesn't concern me as long as he's willing to sign for the right price.

What sort of injuries has he had? I know he missed this year, but has he suffered much previous?

Was a big fan of Srama when he was on the park. Cowboys to sign him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • TimWhatley
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • cento
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
  • Rowdy124
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.