Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that folau's management are talking to the roosters about him coming back to the NRL because the ARU made him sit out last week. Maybe we could be in with a shot.

hasnt he signed until 2016? either way if the chooks come calling, theyll manage to somehow get him under the cap on a 2mil p/y deal, whilst still having money for another eilte player,

I'm pretty sure bringing players from union doesn't count towards the cap anymore. I could be wrong.

hasnt he signed until 2016? either way if the chooks come calling, theyll manage to somehow get him under the cap on a 2mil p/y deal, whilst still having money for another eilte player,

In their defence, they'll have money next year once $BW goes, but I'd like to see how they'd fit him in if he comes mid-season this year.

I'm pretty sure bringing players from union doesn't count towards the cap anymore. I could be wrong.

Where the player comes from is irrelevant. It all goes in the cap. Some were discussing the merit of a somewhat poaching (from other codes) allowance, but there's nothing even close to being discussed by the NRL, let alone in place.

In their defence, they'll have money next year once $BW goes, but I'd like to see how they'd fit him in if he comes mid-season this year.

They won't have just be able to replace SBW with someone else as their players who are getting re-signed will also be getting upgraded salary's. Players like Evans, Moa, Liu, Moga and a few young guys will probably all get new contracts worth more than their previous ones. And it's the Roosters so I doubt they'll lose anyone..

I imagine we'd be no chance at signing Folau. My understanding is he loves living in Sydney.

Liam Pickersgill has signed with Brisbane remainder of 2014 and 2015.

What position does he play? Is he any good?

He is a second rower/centre

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we really need another backrower, it's virtually the only position that we don't need any more depth.. I guess there's a small chance he could a game off the bench if Oates & Stagg continue the injuries, and Lowrie keeps playing like he is.

Do we really need another backrower, it's virtually the only position that we don't need any more depth.. I guess there's a small chance he could a game off the bench if Oates & Stagg continue the injuries, and Lowrie keeps playing like he is.
Umm he's 18 . There's always the future. Parker and Thaiday won't be around forever.

Last edited:
Umm he's 18 . There's alway the future. Parker and Thaiday won't be around forever.

Glenn, Gillett, Oates will be our first choice backrowers for the next decade, I'm all for bringing 18 year old's in to train though, it's always nice having some young talent pushing the first grade players.

Pickersgill was a stand out in that Capras trial.

He's worth a shot.

What position does he play? Is he any good?

Played under 18's for the Broncos a few times last year and did well. he will get a crack at the 20's next year.

Should the 20's not play with second rowers?

Benji Marshall has asked for a immediate release from the blues to come back to NRL. His manger says he will either come to QLD or a NSW club. Not interested in the ESL either....

Anyone be interested in him coming here...? Better then Hoffman!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.