Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting stuff in the mole section of RLW regarding us this week. Ill dot point it but am happy to type out the full articles if anyone is interested.

J Nikorima is going to be targeted heavily when he comes off contract, cowboys very interested. We have already offered him an extension but is apparently not happy with the $$$

Folau is definitely keen on coming back, was looking like to the rorters but Peter Nolan coming home has apparently changed all that, and we are now looking likely

Nikorima can get in line just like every other Brisbane half has. If you're good enough, you'll get your shot with a premier team, big shout out to Hunt here. If you want big $$ without proving yourself then piss off to the highest bidder.

Folau would be great. Even on the wing he'd be worth it. Would be more expensive than Hoffman of course but has the ability to not only finish, but to do it all himself out of nothing. Hell, play him at fullback if Milford backs out.

Some interesting stuff in the mole section of RLW regarding us this week. Ill dot point it but am happy to type out the full articles if anyone is interested.

J Nikorima is going to be targeted heavily when he comes off contract, cowboys very interested. We have already offered him an extension but is apparently not happy with the $$$

Folau is definitely keen on coming back, was looking like to the rorters but Peter Nolan coming home has apparently changed all that, and we are now looking likely

Not sure on where Folau would play.

If it's fullback, that makes me think Milford is not coming to Brisbane. Where else would Barba play if not 5/8?

If it's centre, it would surely mean that Copley has no hope of playing centre unless Reed is on the outer, moving into the second row or Folau will play on the wing. If Folau does play on the wing, who goes?

Taylor is at the top of the pecking order of halves coming through. We will drop everyone else to accommodate him. Jayden Nikorima has a long way to go, but it would be a real shame for him to sign with someone else for the extra money. Cowboys would do well to snatch him up. It's inevitable we will lose a couple, you can't keep them all. Duncan is also coming along steadily.

If it's fullback, that makes me think Milford is not coming to Brisbane. Where else would Barba play if not 5/8?

If it's centre, it would surely mean that Copley has no hope of playing centre unless Reed is on the outer, moving into the second row or Folau will play on the wing. If Folau does play on the wing, who goes?

If we can get falou you get him here and figure out where he plays later. He would rip it up anywhere from 1 - 5.

If milford backs out, you play him at 1 and barba moves to 6

If milford comes you put him at 6, barba at 1 and falou either goes wing or centre. As far as who misses out there reed either moves to the backrow/bench or he becomes first drop depth. Not signing players because we are scared that someone may have to play some q cup is what got us into the situation we had last year.

It also needs to be remembered that hodges is definitely on his last legs, he may have signed a 2 year extension but whether or not he sees that out on the field remains to be seen. IMHO another big injury like his achilles/ACL etc. will be a career ender.

Assuming Folau and Milford both come then our backline in 2015 could look like

1. Barba
2. Hoffman/Vidot
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt

That backline would be one of the most dangerous in the NRL.

If Hoffman stays, i would play him at wing with Vidot being used as an impact player off the bench. If Hoffman gets released (which is still a good possibility, IMO) then Vidot stays on the wing

There's no way we will get Milford and Folau. I'd say it will be one or the other. I'd be happy so long as we get one of them

We aren't getting Folau, ever. If Milford doesn't come, we'll get Khunt.

What's your source?

Common sense, it's been rather well documented that Karmichael wants to come back, he sucks at AFL, we've expressed interest in him.

Folau has said he's enjoying Union, he's one of the best in Australia for Union, and is getting paid enormous amounts.

Last edited:
Common sense, it's been rather well documented that Karmichael wants to come back, he sucks at AFL, we've expressed internet in him.

Folau has said he's enjoy Union, he's one of the best in Australia for Union, and is getting paid enormous amounts.

We certainly have, one whole lengthy thread in fact.

penrith have not yet made mansour an offer. we should go after him. beast.

I'm a fan of Mansour but we already have Vidot making plenty of meters on the wing for good value. Mansour would come for a expensive price as well I would imagine.

Common sense, it's been rather well documented that Karmichael wants to come back, he sucks at AFL, we've expressed internet in him.

Folau has said he's enjoy Union, he's one of the best in Australia for Union, and is getting paid enormous amounts.

Theres also reports of problems with Folaus 3rd party agreements not being paid, and apparently they make up a big portion of his wage.

besides if we did go after him, he would make big money with us too, especially since we had massive money put aside for Smith and since we didn't get him, and it looks extremely unlikely we will be able to get DCE (since Glenn Stewart has left Manly) we would still have that money available.

Common sense, it's been rather well documented that Karmichael wants to come back, he sucks at AFL, we've expressed interest in him.

Folau has said he's enjoying Union, he's one of the best in Australia for Union, and is getting paid enormous amounts.
[MENTION=1769]Foordy[/MENTION] pretty much summed it up. He's not enjoying it as much as he was.

I love Barba, and he's still got a lot to prove. IMO he shits all over Folau at his best, abit more time and 6 that can playmake to take the pressure off Barba. An he'll be back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.