Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the Folau talk. I would love to have him back obviously, the kid is a superstar who puts bums on seats and is a bigger name then SBW now, in my opinion. But our current crop of wingers are doing really well, and I would hate to see Copley or Vidot walk away to make room for Folau.

Only solution I can think of is offloading Reed, slot Copley into the Centres and bring Folau back in outside Hodgeo. Alas, under Griffin? It will never happen.

Considering how big of a name Folau is and his past history at the club, hopefully it won't be left up to him.

If Izzy came back, surely we'd put him at centre, not wing?

I rate Copley, but I'd rate Folau more highly, and his price tag would be too much to sit him on the wing for limited touches.

I'm guessing this might get shot down pretty quick but this wouldn't be a bad spine.

1.Folau
6.Barba
7.Milford
9.Macca

Ben Hunt still has alot to learn in the way of closing out games and 5th tackle options but I'm warming to the idea of him being 7 for the next few years. Shown alot of potential of late. Wouldn't be upset if he stayed 7.

IBM sorry bout the last post mate, probably went too far

I'm guessing this might get shot down pretty quick but this wouldn't be a bad spine.

1.Folau
6.Barba
7.Milford
9.Macca

Ben Hunt still has alot to learn in the way of closing out games and 5th tackle options but I'm warming to the idea of him being 7 for the next few years. Shown alot of potential of late. Wouldn't be upset if he stayed 7.

I think it could be a good spine...

Folau could be a similar style fullback to GI (no idea how he plays in union)

Barba, IMO, has potential to become a good 5/8

Milford is a talent and would be good in either the 6, 7 or 1 IMO

Macca has really stepped it up this year, i don't know if it is the fact that he has been playing longer minutes or Wallace leaving and him having to step up as a result. or even a combination of the 2.

I do see one problem with the spine and that is there is no player in there that can really control a game from start to finish. someone who is an organising player (possibly we could turn either Barba or Milford to be that player)

I think it could be a good spine...

Folau could be a similar style fullback to GI (no idea how he plays in union)

Barba, IMO, has potential to become a good 5/8

Milford is a talent and would be good in either the 6, 7 or 1 IMO

Macca has really stepped it up this year, i don't know if it is the fact that he has been playing longer minutes or Wallace leaving and him having to step up as a result. or even a combination of the 2.

I do see one problem with the spine and that is there is no player in there that can really control a game from start to finish. someone who is an organising player (possibly we could turn either Barba or Milford to be that player)

I think Barba could be that player in the future.

I'm not discarding him. Just think there are better options but if he could become an around player that would be great for the club. I love his passion for the club and would love nothing more for him to improve and become the player so many on here want him to be.

Ben Hunt so easily discarded.. A bit of a shame really.

Unfortunately with some fans he is just going to be that guy. I have always been a massive fan and think he has been playing brilliantly. He thoroughly deserves his spot. Unfortunately, there are some fans that will never see him that way though, it's like no matter what he does they will always see the 20 minute bench hooker.

IMHO suggestions of milford to replace hunt at halfback are fucking ridiculous. We don't even know yet if the kid will be a solid option at 6 and all of a sudden he is displacing our settled halfback who has been performing well despite having to do th work of 2 playmakers. Gee whiz

I really like all of these players we're talking about, but we aren't winning a premiership with 3 fullbacks in the spine, I'm sorry.

Hooker: McCullough
Halfback: B.Hunt / Cherry-Evans
Five-Eighth: Milford / Barba / K.Hunt
Fullback: Barba / Milford / K.Hunt

I think it's a reasonable chance that we secure K.Hunt for next season, I'd be trialling all 3 of them at Five-Eighth and Fullback in the off-season to try and get the most balanced combination, most likely scenario is Barba fb, Milford fe, K.Hunt centre/wing.

Problem is B Hunt makes alot of mistakes still and people discard the mistakes because of the good things he does in a game. That field goal that was charged down the other night wasn't on. A better half would have passed the ball or kicked for the corner. Hunt has a Long Way to go before he's going to be a good halfback Imo.

Problem is B Hunt makes alot of mistakes still and people discard the mistakes because of the good things he does in a game. That field goal that was charged down the other night wasn't on. A better half would have passed the ball or kicked for the corner. Hunt has a Long Way to go before he's going to be a good halfback Imo.

Well I am just so glad that Barba and Milford have been playing in the halves this year and last year. That experience will come in handy when the Broncos dump Hunt so they can have a spine full of fullbacks. I wonder if Karmichael Hunt will go well at hooker.

i think if ben hunt played for any other club we'd be saying "lets sign him up now!" but since he's in a broncos jersey we're far more critical of him and focus more on the mistakes we see rather than the excellent things he's done this year.

for what its worth im very happy with his progress this season. he has alot to work on still and i think he's improving. i see him becoming our long term 7, though he hasn't locked that up yet. its banged on about alot but we need a decent 6 to partner him (and hopefully that will be sorted next year)

i think if ben hunt played for any other club we'd be saying "lets sign him up now!" but since he's in a broncos jersey we're far more critical of him and focus more on the mistakes we see rather than the excellent things he's done this year.

for what its worth im very happy with his progress this season. he has alot to work on still and i think he's improving. i see him becoming our long term 7, though he hasn't locked that up yet. its banged on about alot but we need a decent 6 to partner him (and hopefully that will be sorted next year)

Well said. It seems like we want to sign every off contract player. Some of those players aren't even any good just so we can discard current Broncos players. I'd love to see how Hunt goes with Milford in the 6 before we start trying to off load him so we can play another fullback in the halves.

Hunt has to be persevered with. He has surprised me immensely this year, and even if he's not the form half of the comp, he is most certainly the most improved, by a long way. I'm not ignoring his mistakes, I'm letting them go for now because he's only been the #1 playmaker for 8 games and his improvement in that time has been remarkable. The least we can do is give him another 14 games to see if he can iron out the kinks. He was patient with the club for 5 years!

Hunt has to be persevered with. He has surprised me immensely this year, and even if he's not the form half of the comp, he is most certainly the most improved, by a long way. I'm not ignoring his mistakes, I'm letting them go for now because he's only been the #1 playmaker for 8 games and his improvement in that time has been remarkable. The least we can do is give him another 14 games to see if he can iron out the kinks. He was patient with the club for 5 years!

Well said. I think that's fair enough.

The least we can do is give him another 14 games to see if he can iron out the kinks.

We're only giving him until Round 22? D:

I'm happy to give him all of this season and all of next season, we won't truly be able to gauge his playmaking abilities until he has someone more suitable at Five-Eighth, if he's gone down hill by the end of next season (at which point he'll be off-contract), then we may need to look elsewhere, but not before.

We're only giving him until Round 22? D:

I'm happy to give him all of this season and all of next season, we won't truly be able to gauge his playmaking abilities until he has someone more suitable at Five-Eighth, if he's gone down hill by the end of next season (at which point he'll be off-contract), then we may need to look elsewhere, but not before.

Two byes remember. Oh crap, that's still only R24. Me math do good.

he hardly had much time with the field goal. it got charged down as is. it going wrong was caused by the disorganisation in the forwards which the forwards and macca responsible for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • davidp
  • Broncosgirl
  • Howie
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.