Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could WB be coming back for head of football operations / A Gee position ?? Nolan to requirement.

And Hate to say it Kearney to head coach. Walters as a assistant ??

IMO, think Gould at the Panthers and that's how I'd see Wayne's position. I daresay he would be a little more hands on at first given he is a current coach.....unlike Gould who hadn't coached for a number of years before taking up the position @ Penrith. IF Wayne comes back, I can see us hiring a relatively inexperienced coach like Walters.

I doubt we'd hang onto Kearney, but who knows.

On the WB discussion though, I don't think he's the type to walk out on the players. Especially given what happened to Alex. I believe he'll see out his contract @ Newcastle.

Walters as a assistant ??

No thanks.

I don't think teams should hire ex players as coaches or assistant coaches. (until all the players he has had contact with has left the club)

On the WB discussion though, I don't think he's the type to walk out on the players. Especially given what happened to Alex. I believe he'll see out his contract @ Newcastle.

If Nathan Tinkler doesn't pay him again, WB will be out of Newcastle within seconds.

Last edited:
If Nathan Tinkler doesn't pay him again, WB will be out of Newcastle within seconds.

I'm unsure how the whole process works but my understanding is, the Members board at Newcastle have set some sort of deadline to Tinkler/The Hunter Sports Group and if the conditions of that deadline are not met by said deadline, the Board can buy the club back for $1. My point originally being, I think Wayne would see what happened there before moving on as I think he'd be unwilling to leave the players.

That being said, I don't know how bad it is down there. For all I know Wayne hasn't been paid for 6 months.

No thanks.

I don't think teams should hire ex players as coaches or assistant coaches. (until all the players he has had contact with has left the club)

Who in the current crop did Walters play with?

Yeah I actually agree with your sentiments Cult3, I just thought you'd be able to appreciate the trivia.

They wouldn't have spent that much time together as players. While Hodges made his debut in 2000 and I'd imagine both him and Parker would have trained a bit with Kev back in 2000 and 2001 but not enough to really affect his ability to coach them.

In saying that, I really don't see anything in Kev as a head coach.

Yeah I actually agree with your sentiments Cult3, I just thought you'd be able to appreciate the trivia.

They wouldn't have spent that much time together as players. While Hodges made his debut in 2000 and I'd imagine both him and Parker would have trained a bit with Kev back in 2000 and 2001 but not enough to really affect his ability to coach them.

In saying that, I really don't see anything in Kev as a head coach.

Oh yeah I definitely appreciate the answer because I wasn't sure who had played with him. I honestly think Walters would be learning a lot from Bennett as well as Bellamy. His Super League stint can't really be counted. That comp is a shambles. In the NRL any team can win a game, in the Super League any team can lose a game. I'd like the Walker brothers involved somehow. Always liked them as players and they seem like coaching geniuses.

Happy with Maranta. Wallace... meh, mediocre at best.

That's great news. Maranta is getting better and better and Wallace will continue to improve IMO

God stuck with Maranta. He would want to be cheap. He is just a solid back up winger. Should be trying to re-sign Copley ASAP. Wallace is a decent young prop. Very much the same as our other props though.

I'm happy to see we're making signings while having our books examined. Makes me a feel a little better tbh.

I hope Maranta keeps improving Copley style. He was pretty much born in Broncos HQ, he's the type of guy you want to see stay a Bronco, so hopefully he keeps improving.

That's great news. Maranta is getting better and better and Wallace will continue to improve IMO

Agreed, I think Maranta was very much playing for his contract early this season after such a dismal season last year and his earnt his re-signing as far as I'm concerned. As for Wallace the more and more I see of him the more I'm impressed by him and well worth re-signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Robboi_321
  • winslow_wong
  • Griffo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Battler
  • johnny plath
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.