Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough crap already.

If I am the coach right now this is what I do.
Lowrie, Glenn, Reed, Kennedy are playing like my grandmother drop them all to ISC for at least 2 to 3 games or until you see a massive improvement.

Number 1 - Barba - For obvious reasons but he hasn't hit form yet. In saying that, he isn't playing with the freedom he once had. At the dogs he had one job score points. Now its like you need to be a kicker, playmaker, talker and score all the points. To much for him.

Number 2 - Vidot - Just keep this kid happy and playing, very impressed and just hope his intensity doesn't drift away.

Number 3 - Copley - Playing better then Reed atm and deserves a chance to cement what I believe is his best position.

Number 4 - Hodges - Baby sit the sook Hoffman.

Number 5 - Hoffman - Never to be anywhere else again and if he doesn't like it leave. Maranta or Mills to replace him.

Number 6 - Granville - Only reason being, he has some spark and creativity and he isn't far from cracking the team as a backup hooker. Can kick the ball, can defend a little better or prob better then the other halves options. We could do a lot of damage with quick darts from dummy half and get teams on back foot with him and MC on the ground together.

Number 7 - Hunt - This kid needs training, Locky grab him and spend 2 days a week with him working on his kicking. Kick selection and also his long kicking game the 2 areas I would like to see improvement.

Number 8 McGuire - Keeps getting better he deserves to start.

9 McCullough - Same with Hunt. MC should be doing overs at training to improve his kicking game. Its is improving slowly I like seeing more kicks out of dummy half to the corners.

10 Wallace - This is good give him a few starts pull him off after 20 and inject Hannant.

11 Gillett - Now this backrow is all class why it gets pulled apart all the time I don't know. Oates being the only sub you will need to cover for these 3 as they all play big minutes. This allows you to carry 2 props and a utility or in this case carry 3 props and blood a couple of youngsters.

12 Thaiday - Stays in his best position

13 Parker - Stays in his best position

14 Oates - First selection for the bench. Superstar in the making.
15 Hannant - In my team till we find a replacement.
16 Hala - Improve dramatically or leave, Id give him 2 games and if he cant perform Ofahengaue comes into side.
17 Molo - Huge potential needs to be tested in NRL. Starting Prob 2015 Hopefully.

Stick with this team untill Milford arrives or until Kahu can string together some games at 5/8 in ISC. Swapping only the props around to we find what works and what doesn't, then shift the lazy pricks on who don't preform.

Recruitment for 2015.

Targets areas are - FRF

Lloyd Perrett - Bulldogs / really being the only player off contract worth looking at or needed.

If we lose Hoffman by moving him to wing we could look at:

M Koroibete, J Mansour.

To strengthen our backline we could look at these prospects:

Jake Mamo, Kyle Feldt, TauTau Moga, Curtis Rona or John Folou

Retention of players for 2015 season.

Must re-sign: D Copley, J Wallace, K Nikorima, D Paia'Aua, F Molo, J Ofahengaue, J Granville, Ajuma Adams

Unsure as yet: M Doods, J Drew, D Hala, S Mills, L Maranta

Do not re-sign: C Cullen, J Green, B Hannant

Now all this talk of K Hunt is great and I would love him at the club but I do not think we can afford it or really need him. were does he play ??

As you can see we need to make Copley and Nikorima priorities now but at the end of 2015 we will have a stack of players off contact and I am afraid if we get K Hunt it would at the cost of possible not resigning one off these guys.

MC, McGuire, Oates, B Hunt, Vidot, Thaiday and I don't like that idea at all. IMO

Hope he plays 5/8 instead of Hoffman!

Might warrant a thread of its own if it grows any legs but a rumour just tossed out on "Sterlo" tonight is that Andrew Gee has been given the ass .... If this IS true ..

image.png

Might warrant a thread of its own if it grows any legs but a rumour just tossed out on "Sterlo" tonight is that Andrew Gee has been given the ass .... If this IS true ..

Please be true, please be true, please be true etc

Hope it's true. Can he take his brother Griifin with him

He's only on leave is the official line (Isn't that what happens when people get sacked, transferred or resign in disgrace)?

I don't think they would have given Gee the flick as such, but maybe the moved him to another role away from recruitment

I don't care if he is still employed by the club but getting him out of his current role is excellent

Hope they don't have him working in the Buffet at the leagues Club lol

yeah would certainly seem logical that his 'position description' should change with Peter Nolan coming in (and his shit track track record in recruitiment)

I don't think they would have given Gee the flick as such, but maybe the moved him to another role away from recruitment

I would sure hope so. That is why we brought Nolan back after all.

Surely the board can see that Gee is useless in that role.

As much as I want Gee gone I don't want him to be the sole scapegoat as such, I'm not calling for White to be sacked, but the problems run deeper then just Gee's position. Don't get me wrong I'll be glad to see him gone even with my concerns of Nolan if he takes over Gee's position, I just want it properly addressed, its a start I guess.

Gee is the general manager of football, so most of the problems start with him. I'd say he has final say on everything football related with White taking care of the business side of things. Getting rid of Gee is a good start.

Did Nolan implant the idea in Gee's mind to go?

Did Nolan implant the idea in Gee's mind to go?

More like a boot was implanted in Gee's arse. His claims to fame recruitment wise are Kennedy, Barba and Milford. Two of those fell into his lap and the third is a lemon.

Good fucking riddance, I say.

Hoffman is a genuine "not a five-eights"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • The Don
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • kwomo
  • Evander
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.