Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hoffman given an early release at the end of this year

on that note. what do you guys think hunt and mgquire are worth now. what figure would u be happy with broncos offering them and what figure do you think would be a little to much. because as we have seen there are some clubs who are absolutely desperate and will offer huge money for them i think important thing is we have till november to wrap them up before they get any official offers
There is no such thing as a November deadline. That has been scraped quite a while ago!

Clubs are free to talk to players at any time, but the NRL will only register a contract with a new club on the last year of the player's current contract, and only after Round 13 of the NRL has been completed.

Regarding the players on the list, I'll go close to Charmamba's choice, with emphasis on the bold:

Keep: Hunt, Barba, Glenn, McCullough, McGuire, Oates, Vidot and Thaiday...

Keep for cheap: Kahu, Strasser, Lowrie.

Retire: Stagg

Release: Hoffman

I can see us using up close to half the cap on the above players.
Not bad if you think that 3 of them are spine essentials and all... not withstanding TPA agreements of course. Thaiday and Barba will probably get a fair chunk of their salaries from there, as well as Milford and Hunt too if he keeps it up!

Other than the above, I can only see Gillett, Milford, Parker, Hannant, Kennedy and Hodgo being on significant money.

Very interesting position for the club next season. According to Zero Tackle we have all of these players off contract

Marmin Barba, Alex Glenn, Josh Hoffman, Ben Hunt, Jordan Kahu, Todd Lowrie, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Corey Oates, David Stagg, Zach Strasser, Sam Thaiday, Daniel Vidot

Not sure what Ben Hunt is worth but I think he will stay for $400k or so. If he wanted to leave he could have already.

priorities should be:

Hunt
McCullough
McGuire
Oates
Vidot

I would rather we keep Thaiday and Oates out of those 3.

Agree, if we had to lose one of our key backrowers, as we did with Teo, i think Glenn currently offers the least to the team. Not that i want him to leave, but could be a necessity to keep the correct balance in the squad.

As good as Oates will be, we should sign him up long term before he does command massive money once he reaches his potential.

Zero tackle also says Dale Copley is off contract at the end of 2014. I'm sure he would be a priority? Along with Hunt and Maguire...

Glenn looks pretty comfy at the club to me, I don't think he is likely to go anywhere. I think he is seen as future captain material.

Hunt, Macca, Macguire, Oates would have to be priority & Copley is a ready made Hodges replacement.

Hannant, moved on/shopped around but he could be needed if Kennedy continues to offer nothing.

Vidot has been great this year and I would like him to stay but I don't think he would be seen as someone to spend lots of dollars on, Maranta or Hoffman can fill a wing spot. I guess if Hoffman does move on when Milf arrives then Vidot would probably be re-signed.

Stagg and Lowrie surely would have to be let go, its time to bring the youngsters in.

Kahu would have to be at risk of being let go if he is expecting reasonable dollars.

Last edited:
Kahu can go somewhere else and be the awesome player people think he is, at this point he is a myth. Hannant needs to stay, he has his down moments but the bloke has heart and drive. We just need a coach that can keep it at the top and Hannant to cherish his impact position from the bench.

pretty sure we signed vidot and lowrie on a 2 year deal to start with
Vidot, 23, struggled for consistent form during the Dragons' forgettable season and also moves north for the next two NRL seasons. The 30-year-old Lowrie, a 2012 premiership winner with Melbourne, was released by the Warriors last week on compassionate grounds and joins Brisbane on a two-year deal.

pretty sure we signed vidot and lowrie on a 2 year deal to start with [/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

Which means they are both off contract next season which is exactly what we have been saying.

Pretty sure the players in question are off contract at the end of next season... not this one.

Off contract this season according to Zero Tackle:

- Ajuma Adams
- Dale Copley
- Cameron Cullen
- Mitchell Dodds
- Jordan Drew
- Jake Granville
- Jon Green
- David Hala
- Ben Hannant
- Stewart Mills
- Francis Molo
- Darren Nicholls
- Kodi Nikorima
- Joe Ofahengaue
- Duncan Paia'Aua

- Ajuma Adams
- Dale Copley
- Cameron Cullen
- Mitchell Dodds
- Jordan Drew
- Jake Granville
- Jon Green
- David Hala
- Ben Hannant
- Stewart Mills
- Francis Molo
- Darren Nicholls
- Kodi Nikorima
- Joe Ofahengaue
- Duncan Paia'Aua

Bolded should all be re-signed imo, don't think we'll need Nicholls or Cullen on the books next year, with the amount of good halves we have coming through.

Bolded should all be re-signed imo, don't think we'll need Nicholls or Cullen on the books next year, with the amount of good halves we have coming through.
Yeah agree... although Granville and Cullen are probably handy to keep around on a second tier cap, as backup for Macca.

Of those, only Hannant and Copley would be on a bit of coin too.

Broncos tend to do their signings in pairs these days. Hopefully Copley and Hannant are next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • RolledOates
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Broncs1459
  • Spooky1013
  • Maddy
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.