Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only possible reason I could see us holding off on re-signing Hunt long term is if we believe we have a realistic chance of signing Cherry-Evans, we can negotiate with DCE for the 2016 season as of November 1, if he hasn't re-signed with Manly before then, and we haven't re-signed Hunt before then, DCE to the Broncos is real.

The only possible reason I could see us holding off on re-signing Hunt long term is if we believe we have a realistic chance of signing Cherry-Evans, we can negotiate with DCE for the 2016 season as of November 1, if he hasn't re-signed with Manly before then, and we haven't re-signed Hunt before then, DCE to the Broncos is real.

Nah. Broncos won't let Hunt go like that, if that's what you're saying.

and face a Milford type scenario waiting for round 13, will he wont he,

nope, d like to us re-sign Hunt ASAP and move on, let him concentrate on playing good footy,

I don't think we should bother signing DCE anymore. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if we got him but he will cost us a lot of players. We have Milford who should develop into one of the best players in the game. He will demand very big money at his next contract.

I don't think we should bother signing DCE anymore. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if we got him but he will cost us a lot of players. We have Milford who should develop into one of the best players in the game. He will demand very big money at his next contract.

Damn this system that only lets you like a post once

IMO, Within the next two years, Hunt will be in the top 3 halfbacks in the comp. Especially if his improvement continues at the same rate.

500k is a bargain for him. With a lack of quality halves, other clubs will easily offer him far more, if we don't have him locked up by November.

I somewhat agree with you guys, I'm super pleased with Hunt's progression this season, but if Cherry-Evans gave us his word right now that he'd sign with us in 2016 on a long-term deal, I'd wish Hunt all the best in his future endeavours.

Agree that Hunt could be a top 3 Halfback in the game within the next few seasons, but Cherry-Evans could be one of the best Halfback's of all time within 3 years, we couldn't dismiss the opportunity to land him if it ever presented itself, however unlikely it is.

I personally don't think it is worth the risk of losing Hunt on the off chance that DCE will sign with us from 2016. We need to lock him up ASAP

I somewhat agree with you guys, I'm super pleased with Hunt's progression this season, but if Cherry-Evans gave us his word right now that he'd sign with us in 2016 on a long-term deal, I'd wish Hunt all the best in his future endeavours.

Agree that Hunt could be a top 3 Halfback in the game within the next few seasons, but Cherry-Evans could be one of the best Halfback's of all time within 3 years, we couldn't dismiss the opportunity to land him if it ever presented itself, however unlikely it is.

Like Inglis did?

Ben Hunt will be as good or better than DCE based on the evidence we've seen so far this year.
More of a complete footballer. the way they kept aiming Horo at him on Sunday and the way he kept halting his progress and putting him on his arse was most pleasing.

If the club are stupid enough to put off resigning hunt because they are leaving the porch light on for DCE they really are fucked in the head.

Everyone that is still rocking a hard-on for DCE answer these 3 questions.

1) If he so wants to be here why does he keep re-signing with manly
2) It has been widely reported that because certain TPA's haven't been met he can walk anytime, so why hasn't he?
3) If he has any intention of leaving Manly why are they releasing half their roster to keep him?

DCE is not coming, never was coming, never will be coming. Any 'links' to us are just to bump up his contract

Why not sign Hunt AND go for DCE?

It's been said, but we don't need DCE. It'd be lovely to have him, but certainly not at the expense of Hunt.

If the club are stupid enough to put off resigning hunt because they are leaving the porch light on for DCE they really are fucked in the head.

Everyone that is still rocking a hard-on for DCE answer these 3 questions.

1) If he so wants to be here why does he keep re-signing with manly
2) It has been widely reported that because certain TPA's haven't been met he can walk anytime, so why hasn't he?
3) If he has any intention of leaving Manly why are they releasing half their roster to keep him?

DCE is not coming, never was coming, never will be coming. Any 'links' to us are just to bump up his contract

1) He re-signed with them at the start of 2012, I wouldn't necessarily say he "Keeps re-signing with them", there's been 2 contracts
2) Because the TPA agreements were obviously met after he threatened to leave, plus it makes sense for him to stay at Manly for this season and the next, whilst they are still relevant in the premiership race, he wants to win as many as he can with them, while he can.
3) Half of their roster =/= Overpaid Glenn Stewart

Why not sign Hunt AND go for DCE?

Plausible, not sure where that would leave Barba though, maybe in the centres or on the wing, or just plain not at the Broncos anymore, a spine of Milford, Hunt, Cherry-Evans, McCullough is stuff dreams are made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Kev_Guz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • Socnorb
  • Morkel
  • Volvo Driver
  • Yem
  • Dexter
  • Behold
  • broncoscope
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.