Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I tend to agree with what [MENTION=7802]broncos4life[/MENTION] said, Manly still aren't certainties to keep him. Bear in mind the following contract values:

Watmough: $900k (2015)
Foran: $650k (2015)
B Stewart: $600k (2015 & 2016)

Of those guys, does anyone expect them to "take a pay cut to stay together" while the club tries to put aside $800k - $1 mill for DCE?

That doesn't even include Matai, Lyon, etc.

I still believe it will be hard to get his wife to shift from where she has grown up. He gets an offer similar to Broncos in Sydney anywhere and i would guess he stays put. Brad Arthur has worked with him and will be desperate to get him

I still believe it will be hard to get his wife to shift from where she has grown up. He gets an offer similar to Broncos in Sydney anywhere and i would guess he stays put. Brad Arthur has worked with him and will be desperate to get him
Isn't that where Whatmough is going and apparently they hate each other?

We don't need both of them.

They aren't the same type of player at all though. Hunt is more of a 5/8th, DCE is a natural halfback/organiser (something we'll seriously lack in tough matches this year).

While I tend to agree with what @broncos4life said, Manly still aren't certainties to keep him. Bear in mind the following contract values:

Watmough: $900k (2015)
Foran: $650k (2015)
B Stewart: $600k (2015 & 2016)

Of those guys, does anyone expect them to "take a pay cut to stay together" while the club tries to put aside $800k - $1 mill for DCE?

That doesn't even include Matai, Lyon, etc.

say Wat mow !!?

Yeah, that can't be right. Not even Ricky Stuart would do that...or maybe he would, I dunno.

It has been reported that Watmoughs contract was heavily back ended and he is on the books for 900k this year.

Watmough is a very good player indeed but not 900k good.

I think in coming seasons we start with this and fill in around it:

1. Barba
4. Copley
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Gillett

Molo, Duncan P, Taylor, Maranta, Ofahenguai,

Thats your future, you build your team around as much of that as possible.

Secret Stewart brothers meeting raises fears of Manly exodus

"Some of their highest-profile players are on heavily back-ended deals for 2015 – Anthony Watmough is on the books for almost $900,000 next year – making it hard to retain the core group responsible for the success the club has enjoyed over the past decade."

Secret Stewart brothers meeting raises fears of Manly exodus

"Some of their highest-profile players are on heavily back-ended deals for 2015 – Anthony Watmough is on the books for almost $900,000 next year – making it hard to retain the core group responsible for the success the club has enjoyed over the past decade."

tumblr_louaqipgK11qj9qhto1_400.gif

I had a massive laugh when a fan on the Broncos facebook complained about Kennedy getting a "raw deal".

550k for Widdop, a guy that has played international footy was considered to be massive overs.

How is 450k for a rookie half that hasn't even played finals footy in that position not overs?

IMO, at the moment he is not worth anything more than 300k.

When you are an English international then being an international doesn't matter.

What's the bet after Ricky Stuart and the Raiders lost Tedesco Stuart goes after our Nikorimas.. I can see it happening! Throwing bucket loads at them .. Raiders have plenty to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Dexter
  • I bleed Maroon
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • BooKhaki
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Big Del
  • Alec
  • bazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.