Status
Not open for further replies.
MC, Hunt, DCE, Milford

MC, DCE, Hunt, Milford

MC, Hunt, Milford, Barba

MC, Hunt, Barba, Milford

MC, DCE, Milford, Barba

MC, DCE, Barba, Milford

I really cant see it happening at all. MC, Hunt, Milford, Barba spend the money on a prop.

it's likely just another case of the media adding 1+1 and getting 11

I agree.
1) Barba
6) Milford
7) Hunt
9) McCollough

Hunt stuck by us. Its time we stuck by him.

Hunt was loyal to the cause so we need to repay the favour and stay loyal to him.

Zero quotes from anyone.

Just another puff piece to get clicks on their website.

Whilst picking up DCE would be great, shafting Hunt to do it would IMO be very poor form by the club should it happen. Hunt is saving our bacon this year and has shown plenty of patience and loyalty.

Could be an attempt to disrupt Hunt's preperation for Origin.

Edit:

Didnt realise it was a Brisbane newspaper which makes that unlikely.

Last edited:
Could be an attempt to disrupt Hunt's preperation for Origin.

Edit:

Didnt realise it was a Brisbane newspaper which makes that unlikely.

the guy that wrote that writes for the SMH, probably just picked up by the local paper as well

I'm not sure I can agree with all this "Hunt showed so much faith to us", was he really ever offered anything better? I have no doubt other clubs probably tried to sign him, but I doubt he would've been offered a starting spot in a first grade side.

There was mutual faith shown between Hunt & the club, we could've easily given up on him when he played well below average for a season or two off the bench.

You just don't pass up on DCE quality. Not only will it improve us immensely as a side, but it practically dismantles Manly as a premiership force. I think the ideal scenario would be 1 Milf, 6. Hunt, 7. DCE, 9. Macca if (big if) we were to get DCE, but our spine next year is good enough to challenge for a top four position as it stands. Barba, whilst an excellent player, is the weakest link if we have all of those players on board.

You just don't pass up on DCE quality. Not only will it improve us immensely as a side, but it practically dismantles Manly as a premiership force. I think the ideal scenario would be 1 Milf, 6. Hunt, 7. DCE, 9. Macca if (big if) we were to get DCE, but our spine next year is good enough to challenge for a top four position as it stands. Barba, whilst an excellent player, is the weakest link if we have all of those players on board.

duh i didnt even think of this. Want! still think the number in this probably made up article is way to much.

Whilst picking up DCE would be great, shafting Hunt to do it would IMO be very poor form by the club should it happen. Hunt is saving our bacon this year and has shown plenty of patience and loyalty.

not only this, he's getting better every week ... a lot of good judges apparently pegged him above DCE a few years ago so who knows how high his star could rise with continued time in the #7 jersey ... While a lot of us had our doubts about him and judged him harshly in the first few weeks of the season he's clearly shown that opportunity and time are all he needs ... Re-sign him up now for 400k and enjoy the ride I say... I admit to being among the DCE cheerleaders over the past year or so but things have definitely changed for the better and we clearly have a guy right here right now worth investing in.

I know it sounds corny and romantic but I'd derive a tonne more satisfaction from the Broncos bringing home a premiership with Ben Hunt at the peak of his powers than having to pillage Cherry Evans to do it.

Barba or Milford would make a great interchange utility. "Barba's on, Barba's on!"

We will lose a lot of talent if we sign DCE IMO. Barba will be a due a new contract soon, Milford is only signed for 2 years. Our forward pack will be really weak if we end up having DCE unless players start staying at the Broncos for $200k less than they are worth.

If we were to lose Glenn, Hoffman, Reed, Kennedy, Lowrie, Stagg, Cullen and possibly Granville by 2016 we could easily afford DCE and keep Barba, Hunt and Milford. We also have Dodds to return, Lloyd Perrett is off contract this year and shows some promise. Someone like Mark Mexico could become a good hard prop and those PNG guys love the Broncos so he could come cheap. Or someone like Brenton Lawrence, Mitch Garbutt or Dylan Napa will have come off contract by then too.

1 Anthony Milford
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Ben Hunt
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Ben Hannant
11 Matt Gillett
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Ben Barba
15 Francis Molo
16 Corey Oates
17 Jarrod Wallace

I'm not sure I can agree with all this "Hunt showed so much faith to us", was he really ever offered anything better? I have no doubt other clubs probably tried to sign him, but I doubt he would've been offered a starting spot in a first grade side.

There was mutual faith shown between Hunt & the club, we could've easily given up on him when he played well below average for a season or two off the bench.

Hunt was offered $400k a year to play at the Knights this season, last November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • cento
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.