Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to lose Glenn, Hoffman, Reed, Kennedy, Lowrie, Stagg, Cullen and possibly Granville by 2016 we could easily afford DCE and keep Barba, Hunt and Milford. We also have Dodds to return, Lloyd Perrett is off contract this year and shows some promise. Someone like Mark Mexico could become a good hard prop and those PNG guys love the Broncos so he could come cheap. Or someone like Brenton Lawrence, Mitch Garbutt or Dylan Napa will have come off contract by then too.

1 Anthony Milford
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Ben Hunt
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Ben Hannant
11 Matt Gillett
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Ben Barba
15 Francis Molo
16 Corey Oates
17 Jarrod Wallace

And it's possible that by the 2016 season Hodges and Hannant could be retired. Moga wouldn't cost much or maybe Gagai could come if we get Bennett back (In whatever capacity).

haha we finally have a good playmaker but won't re-sign him because cherry-evans 'may' come here.

Gold!

Reading too much into it imo. The fact that we haven't started negotiations with Hunt, who's under contract until 2015 anyway, is the only reason this article was written.

Hunt was offered $400k a year to play at the Knights this season, last November.

$400k for a guy who wouldn't even start in the halves? Lolwot, did they plan on him being a hooker or something? He was a garbage hooker.

I don't believe Glenn will ever leave. He is seen as a future captain.

Hoffman I think is a chance to leave next year, I'd say the agreement was Milford to stay in Canberra for this year meant that Hoffy's services would be required this year but that the Broncs would allow him to leave next year if he wanted.

Surely Stagg will retire and Lowrie would be next in line to go.

Barba to the bench doesn't really work, I think he would either have a spot in the run on side or he would choose to move on if we went with Milford at the back and Hunt in the 6, DCE in the 7.

I think Barba is slowly coming good, he has certainly made a contribution this year.

An interesting little jigsaw tho.

I'm actually perfectly fine with keeping Lowrie tbh, he offers good versatility and experience and has actually played pretty decently the last month or so, cheap as dirt as well.

$400k for a guy who wouldn't even start in the halves? Lolwot, did they plan on him being a hooker or something? He was a garbage hooker.

Halfback. Wayne Bennett wanted him. He did win u20's player of the year playing Halfback, remember? Hell of a player; has all the skills. I don't see any "lolwot" about it, honestly.

Halfback. Wayne Bennett wanted him. He did win u20's player of the year playing Halfback, remember? Hell of a player; has all the skills. I don't see any "lolwot" about it, honestly.

I rate Tyrone Roberts, to be honest, hence the lolwot.

Regardless, I was moreso talking about before the path was cleared for Hunt, if he was trying to be poached in November last year that was after Prince, Wallace & Norman were sent packing, meaning Hunt was 100% starting. If he was offered $400k to play for the Knights 12 months prior, he takes it, without hesitation.

Anyway, this is a rather pointless argument because I like Hunt. I just don't 100% agree with the "He's so faithful!" comments.

Nope, but most organisations employ people that aren't halfwits that can see players talents through the position their halfwit of a coach currently has them playing in

I rate Tyrone Roberts, to be honest, hence the lolwot.

Regardless, I was moreso talking about before the path was cleared for Hunt, if he was trying to be poached in November last year that was after Prince, Wallace & Norman were sent packing, meaning Hunt was 100% starting. If he was offered $400k to play for the Knights 12 months prior, he takes it, without hesitation.

Anyway, this is a rather pointless argument because I like Hunt. I just don't 100% agree with the "He's so faithful!" comments.

He was offered that in April last year, when wallace and prince were still in front of him. It has been spoken about many times in the media that his father encouraged him to go because he was stuck behind those two, yet he remained loyal.

He was offered that in April last year.

Allegedly, there's not a single quote from Bennett or anyone from the Knights saying they were interested in signing him, in fact Bennett straight up denied it.

Allegedly, there's not a single quote from Bennett or anyone from the Knights saying they were interested in signing him, in fact Bennett straight up denied it.

The media only ever tells the facts ...

they never beat up stories to sell papers

The media only ever tells the facts ...

they never beat up stories to sell papers

XD

Not to mention Sportal started the rumour, who probably have a 5% success rate with "Rumours"

Kennedy better pick up his act then if Hannant is leaving next year

If we were to lose Glenn, Hoffman, Reed, Kennedy, Lowrie, Stagg, Cullen and possibly Granville by 2016 we could easily afford DCE and keep Barba, Hunt and Milford. We also have Dodds to return, Lloyd Perrett is off contract this year and shows some promise. Someone like Mark Mexico could become a good hard prop and those PNG guys love the Broncos so he could come cheap. Or someone like Brenton Lawrence, Mitch Garbutt or Dylan Napa will have come off contract by then too.

1 Anthony Milford
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Ben Hunt
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Ben Hannant
11 Matt Gillett
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Ben Barba
15 Francis Molo
16 Corey Oates
17 Jarrod Wallace

Lloyd Perrett would be a fantastic pick up, from what I've seen (admittedly not as much as I'd like). Lawrence would be handy too.

Great to hear! It kinda is Locky's job now that he is a director on the Broncos board. That's not to diminish his effectiveness at all, though. There's plenty of nose pickers on boards of companies all over the world. Just look at Andrew Gee!
Gee wasn't on the board, was he?

He wouldn't be, I don't think you can be on the board and be head of football, has conflict of interest written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.