Broncos player retention

I think we will keep both, Hanant doesn't really want to leave the Gold Coast and Ennis has just had a kid and is in career best for why would he leave.

Beads6 said:
I think we will keep both, Hanant doesn't really want to leave the Gold Coast and Ennis has just had a kid and is in career best for why would he leave.

Maybe 'cos he came here because of Benny, and his roots are in Newcastle-Sydney.

And as for Hannant - would Webby have left the Broncs for a fistful of dollars - or Benny?

for some reason the whole broncos player retention thing bores me. I'd rather let them sort it out and get on with enjoying the wonderful rugby league our team's been playing this year. Regardless of who comes and goes we will still be up there next year.

Crazy Sam said:
for some reason the whole broncos player retention thing bores me. I'd rather let them sort it out and get on with enjoying the wonderful rugby league our team's been playing this year. Regardless of who comes and goes we will still be up there next year.

PROVIDED we have a good 9.

rnabokov said:
Crazy Sam said:

which we will because even if Ennis goes we will still have Marsh

I have faith in Hannants good character and loyalty. The Broncos will give him a good offer. He will only leave if he is getting greedy.

IMO Ennis owes the club a few years of injruy free footy. He shoudl stay and I will be shattered if he leaves.

bfoord said:
rnabokov said:
Crazy Sam said:

which we will because even if Ennis goes we will still have Marsh

MARSH, is, on his own, NOT ENOUGH imo.

We need a bench utility who is at least as good as Marsh - and we don't.

Like Bead6 - I'll be shattered if Ennis leaves.

Together, they have provided the attacking options around the rucks at least we have been missing for years.

For a moment I thought. "Weyman, why do we need that dumbtard?" then I remembered "next year, duh!" [eusa_doh

He'll fit in perfectly with Ryles. Instead of dumb penalties every second set they will now concede them every set.

It seems Ennis wants to stay but Bruno hasn't opened negotiations yet. get moving Bruno you MORON. sign Ennis IMMEDIATELY [icon_non

bfoord said:
It seems Ennis wants to stay but Bruno hasn't opened negotiations yet. get moving Bruno you MORON. sign Ennis IMMEDIATELY [icon_non

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen sounded a warning to the club's off-contract stars on Thursday when he told the likes of Ennis, Ben Hannant and Darius Boyd it was time to commit to the club.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

So who is lying, the manager or Cullen.

All three is my bet. [icon_razz1
Bruno did say what is written in the Courier Mail about the players signing on tele the other night though.He actually said words to the affect of if they didn't like being here then make up their minds now and get out.(not direct quote)
We didn't really think it was a good way in which a CEO should be speaking about players he is supposedly trying to sign either.

I wonder how much Perry, Frawley and Emmett are on because those players would be in our top 25 roster and should all be off contract. i wouldn't renew any of their contracts but instead use the money to secure the other guys off contract.

bfoord said:
I wonder how much Perry, Frawley and Emmett are on because those players would be in our top 25 roster and should all be off contract. i wouldn't renew any of their contracts but instead use the money to secure the other guys off contract.

They are on next to nothing. Their contracts are based more on match payments.

Even if you did shaft these 3, you still need to sign another 3 players on some type of contract becuase you need a 25 man squad

BroncoMatt said:
bfoord said:

They are on next to nothing. Their contracts are based more on match payments.

Even if you did shaft these 3, you still need to sign another 3 players on some type of contract becuase you need a 25 man squad

Exactly right BroncoMatt, if you want to clear the room you would need to get rid of mid to higher range players, all in essence you would be doing by clearing them is bringing in younger players to play on their same contracts you wouldn't really free money.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • marw
  • johnny plath
  • phoenix
  • jd87
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Scdeac
  • Confidor
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.