Broncos player retention

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
My source from inside the Broncos camp tells me that Hannant hasn't even been tabled an offer yet. Apparently they are waiting to see if he plays origin, because he is expected to up his price if he is named in the team. The Broncos don't want to table an offer under what he is worth, especially when he can command more money from other clubs after playing origin.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Clintos said:
My source from inside the Broncos camp tells me that Hannant hasn't even been tabled an offer yet. Apparently they are waiting to see if he plays origin, because he is expected to up his price if he is named in the team. The Broncos don't want to table an offer under what he is worth, especially when he can command more money from other clubs after playing origin.

To me this makes a lot of sense, however it makes me think that if the titans or dragons have already offered him a contract he may well have signed one of them already....or at least agreed to terms!

I just hope he gets picked for QLD and then we offer him a contract straight away.

I dont really know why we havent tabled an offer to Ennis though, thats insanity in my opinion, considering the way he is playing currently. [eusa_clap.gi

Hurry Up Bruno!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I don't know how much money the Titans will have to throw around to secure Hannant after signing Sam Tagataese from the Storm

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Papers focussing on Boyd now, f**k this is getting annoying.

FORMER Test centre Steve Renouf yesterday defended Broncos coach Wayne Bennett's right to sign players and coaching staff for St George Illawarra in 2009.

Speculation was rife last night that Broncos utility back Darius Boyd will become the Dragons' next recruit following the signing of Brisbane's performance director Jeremy Hickmans.

But on a day when the Broncos confirmed Dean Benton would return to the club from England as the replacement for Hickmans, Renouf said Bennett was allowed to occasionally wear his Dragons cap while still in charge at Red Hill.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
As Renouf said they are all grown up boys and can make decisions on what they want.
Don't blame Bennett.Shows how much respect the kid has for him if it is true as there are a few clubs who wouldn't mind snaring him.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
FFS **** off Wayne you dick.

Calm down! He's doing nothing wrong, and I'm not seeing any issue with his coaching performance this year. The team is running smoothly.

If the Broncos had a problem with him they'd probably tell him to go now and hand over to Henjak immediately.

Don't follow the media's continued agenda with making Wayne out as the enemy.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Well it does rule out who you'd think would logically be our biggest threat with regards to retaining Hannant.

But you can never underestimate the influence Wayne has on these blokes. Hannant saying to the papers that he's got absolutely no intentions of moving from the Gold Coast means squat these days, he could quite easily agree to sign for the Dragons, if he hasn't already.

Can't wait till all this crap is over and the papers can give it a rest.

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
We had the likes of Wallace,Clinton,Simms all come to our club this year saying they did it as they wanted to play under Bennett.
Why then would some of the kids he bought through not follow him when he leaves?Boyd may want to play fullback and can't see that happening while Hunt is there.Who knows?

The media on the other hand are grasping at straws cos the players won't talk.Like Hennant last night.He did say he has a young family to take care of and that is his main concern.Bruno should be pushing hard to get this kid and maybe he should have done it long ago.

K

king_johns

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kee said:
We had the likes of Wallace,Clinton,Simms all come to our club this year saying they did it as they wanted to play under Bennett.
Why then would some of the kids he bought through not follow him when he leaves?Boyd may want to play fullback and can't see that happening while Hunt is there.Who knows?

The media on the other hand are grasping at straws cos the players won't talk.Like Hennant last night.He did say he has a young family to take care of and that is his main concern.Bruno should be pushing hard to get this kid and maybe he should have done it long ago.

The broncos cannot offer him a large amount of money as bruno is paying falou a large sum of money even though bruno denies it.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
FFS **** off Wayne you dick.

Even if he did, he would still be in talks with the players.

If the Broncos did get rid of him, that could make the players coming off contract p!ssed off with the club.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Are players loyal to the club or to a coach who clearly has little interest other than in his future?

Sure, Bennett is committed to the Broncos for this season, but I would have hoped key players signed to be at a club they admired rather than just dollars and/or a charismatic personality.

Oh well - welcome to the modern age of money and mercenaries.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
My source spoke to Hannant today. Apparently he has asked the Broncos to hold off the contract talks until he has all his options on the table.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Clintos said:
My source spoke to Hannant today. Apparently he has asked the Broncos to hold off the contract talks until he has all his options on the table.

Like I said, these days, many players are simply mercenaries: neither loylaty nor commitment to a club - just money.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Of course most players take the money it is there job so they will always look for the best pay and best conditions..

On player retention, we are bound to lose a few players I just hope we keep the ones we need.

ENNIS
HANNANT
BOYD

are they three main signing we need to make IMO.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Beads6 said:
Of course most players take the money it is there job so they will always look for the best pay and best conditions..

On player retention, we are bound to lose a few players I just hope we keep the ones we need.

ENNIS
HANNANT
BOYD

are they three main signing we need to make IMO.

Sadly, I still live in the old days when club loyalty came first.

And I am becoming resigned to losing Ennis and Hannant.

It was a sad time when any sport became professional - to the extent that $$$$ became 1st priority. Oh well, as I said, this is the modern capitalist age. So be it!

At least Folau has true and genuine reasons for coming back to Qld.

Unread

Active Now

• Rowdy124
  • eggstar10
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.