Broncos player retention

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nah - Boyd, Hannant, Ennis, Taylor and Kemp have signed with the Rabbitohs. [icon_ee

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
A LOT of questions have been raised recently about my football future as I try to string some games together. Is his knee ever going to come good? How long can he play for?
Those are two questions I hope will be addressed by my surgery tomorrow to repair a minor knee injury. I believe it will.
But there's one thing I can tell interested Broncos fans with certainty right now: I won't be playing anywhere except the Broncos next year.
I've been struggling with the knee this season, so it's understandable people start asking all sorts of questions.
The most outlandish forecast I've heard about my knee was when someone said I'd be out a few months. The best case scenario is two weeks, although some guys have played 10 days after a scope.
And some sections of the media have been raising the scenario where I ask the Broncos to release me from the last year of my current contract in order to play for another club, probably one in England.
When I've been asked in the past couple of years if it's possible I would finish my playing career in England, I've replied I enjoyed football enough there. Sure, it does have some appeal.
But not until my current contract expries.
I couldn't see myself wanting to play for another NRL club against the Broncos.
Ivan Henjak and I have built a relationship over the years and I'd like to be coached by him next year. We're both passionate about the Broncos succeeding.
And if I was to play in 2010, I'd love it to be with the Broncos. Otherwise, England is the option.
Another possibility for 2010 is some type of coaching, but I won't seriously consider those options until at least 12 months time.
So you can see I am a long, long way from saying "Gimme that pen, where do I sign?"
What's been frustrating for me with the injury is I want to play week to week. Life's good then.
ONE positive for the Broncos tomorrow when we play Manly is how good Karmichael Hunt looked at training this week.
He missed a game with a knee problem, but no one on Suncorp Stadium will be trying harder.
"K" is a good influence with his determination in bringing the ball back and his talk behind the defensive line.
One Test player will come back to the Broncos today for training. Maybe we will have more representation at Origin level, but when Petero and company left and Tonie Carroll retired from rep footy, we knew this time of year wasn't going to be as demanding for the club as other years.
I notice the Broncos and the Titans are on top of the ladder and contributed one player between us to the Australian team which played last night.
Sam Thaiday is in a purple patch and the old warhorse Tonie Carroll has been good for us. Throw in Peter Wallace and those might be our form three players of the season so far.
Last month, I rated Manly a probable top-four finisher at the end of the season and they've been solid after the sort of slowish start grand finalists often come up with.
The boys will enjoy playing at home on a Sunday afternoon – it's the best time to play football.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 65,00.html

EDIT :Clintos please refrain from quoting whole articles, you'll get us in trouble.......Russo [icon_wink

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I wonder if Henjak will try to sign his son after Lockie leaves, or even before that as a hooker if Ennis leaves. What do people think? Could be a good move if he can get his act together.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Clintos said:
I wonder if Henjak will try to sign his son after Lockie leaves, or even before that as a hooker if Ennis leaves. What do people think? Could be a good move if he can get his act together.
Who is his son? How old is he and is he any good?

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Sorry, not son. Nephew. Matt Henjak from Union. Competant scrum-half. If he cleans up his act a bit could potentially be a great player. I think he's 27 this year.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I hope not. I am still praying we retain Ennis. icon_thumbs_u

What happened to that Nathan Bronwick guy that everyone last year thought was going to be huge in the future?

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Alec said:

What happened to that Nathan Bronwick guy that everyone last year thought was going to be huge in the future?
Who is nathan Bronwick?

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Alec said:

I want them to retain Ennis as well. Just a random thought I had.

P

Phuzzlecash

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
lyn said:
Alec said:

Who is nathan Bronwick?
Maybe he means Strudwick?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Phuzzlecash said:
lyn said:
Alec said:

Who is nathan Bronwick?
Maybe he means Strudwick?

Indeed I do. :oops:

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
According to Michael Hancock -

I think Stagg is going to leave to England.

Hannant, Kemp and Boyd will be offered bigger deals to stay.

I see Stagg and Ennis being our loses.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
the guy on grandstand fourm is not Michael Hancock.......

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
nopatience101 said:
the guy on grandstand fourm is not Michael Hancock.......
I'm not talking about Hank from Grandstand. I would have mentioned it. I read it on Grandstand and it is what reminded me of it. I simply copy and pasted it. I did not get the info from Grandstand though.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
  • whykickamoocow
  • mitch222
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • BooKhaki
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • IceWorks
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.