Broncos player retention

Michaels has taken the option in his favour for next year and is in the midst of extending it to the end of 2010.

Heard a whisper that the Broncos are interested in Ben Te'o. Don't know how factual that is considering the current salary cap pressure. We'll see what happens I suppose.

Highly doubt it. Te'o is doing so well at the Tigers at the moment I don't see why he would even contemplate making a switch.

SimplyBronco said:
Highly doubt it. Te'o is doing so well at the Tigers at the moment I don't see why he would even contemplate making a switch.

Players move from teams, even good ones. Maybe he'd prefer to live in Brisbane rather than dirty, smelly, drive by shooting, Lauren Huxley bashing Sydney :P

Hmm you're onto something Coxy! =P Haha I just reckon he'd prefer to establish himself for a little longer especially under a coach like Sheens who you never know what pleases him and what doesn't. Though he would be a welcome addition here at the Broncos if we snapped him up. Definitely got size and mobility!

I've grown to take everything with a grain of salt when a player is off contract. Whenever they're off, you find that you have pretty much all other 15 teams chasing after a player. It's ridiculous. Until there's pen to paper I'm not gonna believe a word said!

Thats why I said i'm not too sure whether to believe it. Haha. I seriously doubt it, but I said the same about Motu Tony.

Surely we'd be attempting to re-sign our players before signing more from other clubs...

Alec said:
Surely we'd be attempting to re-sign our players before signing more from other clubs...

Whoa! You'd think so wouldn't you.

So how would our side look next season without Ennis, Wallace and Hannant?

rnabokov said:
Alec said:

Whoa! You'd think so wouldn't you.

So how would our side look next season without Ennis, Wallace and Hannant?

Wallace will be at the Broncos next season. he has a contract and there is no way the Broncos will release him.

bfoord said:
Wallace will be at the Broncos next season. he has a contract and there is no way the Broncos will release him.

But he has a clause in this contract stating, the contract has to be upgraded as he has now played Origin. (The Broncos have 28 day, after his debut for the Blues to come up with an offer)

Meaning if is not he can leave at the end of the year.

Nah, the clause in his contract would be as an extension. I'm pretty sure has to honour his current contract, but the Broncos can upgrade it and extend it. If they do not, he can start negotiation with clubs in November for the 2010 season. If they upgrade his contract mid season, the salary cap will have to be adjusted and everything.

Wallace better not leave!!!

Stuff trying to get Ben Te'o, we need to sign Hannant and our outside backs first.

I am pretty much resigned to losing Staggy and Ennis.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.