Broncos player retention

Apparently Ennis has delayed signing at the Dogs because of their signing of Kimmorley and Joe Williams. Now he has put any signings on hold for the time being. That was the case on Saturday morning, anyway. Haven't heard anything else since then.

Clintos said:
Apparently Ennis has delayed signing at the Dogs because of their signing of Kimmorley and Joe Williams. Now he has put any signings on hold for the time being. That was the case on Saturday morning, anyway. Haven't heard anything else since then.

So he should! The dogs have 2 good hookers in Hughes and Sullivan anyway [icon_non

Where are they getting all this money from?

Josh Morris, Kimmorley, Joey Williams....they had a crack at Michaels, they are interested in Boyd and Hannant too...anyone else from our team they want? Maybe Corey or Hodgo [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

All that on top of Ryan and SBW. You've got to be joking!

Salary cap bust right there eusa_think [icon_lol1. [eusa_naugh

Jeza23 said:
Clintos said:

So he should! The dogs have 2 good hookers in Hughes and Sullivan anyway [icon_non

Where are they getting all this money from?

Josh Morris, Kimmorley, Joey Williams....they had a crack at Michaels, they are interested in Boyd and Hannant too...anyone else from our team they want? Maybe Corey or Hodgo [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

All that on top of Ryan and SBW. You've got to be joking!

Salary cap bust right there eusa_think [icon_lol1. [eusa_naugh

They have lost a lot of good and expensive players over the last couple of years. A lot of their current players wouldn't be on much money, except someone like SBW...who could very well leave the team this year.

lyn said:
Bulldogs have signed Hannant, Rumors of Moon going to Roosters [icon_non

Yeah, it seems Hannant has gone. As for Moon, yeah, he's got potential, but we also have a wealth of good backs.

So now, Ennis and Wallace MUST be top priorities.

I hope Moon stays with us next season and turns himself into a backrower with ball playing skills. I would love for him to get some game time next season and carve up so he can stick it up Benny.

From the Sunday Tele:

The Raiders will chase Brisbane Broncos youngster Joel Moon after missing out on Trent Barrett. Canberra will reopen talks with Terry Campese, but see Moon, 20, as a potential long-term halves partner for Todd Carney. "He's already activated an option to stay at Brisbane...but I think the Bronco's would be amenable if a big, long-term offer came," said manager Darryl Mather.

We cant afford to lose Moon at the moment, it is that simple.

I also heard on Friday night that Sammy Thaiday is keen on joining the Dragons next year under WB. Is he even off contract at the end of this year?

Can anyone confirm this for me?

I'd almost be happy for Moon to go to the raiders, hes deserves better than the treatment he has got here. Him and Carney would be a pretty good halves combo. Wonder if the fact his brother had a failed stint down will affect him tho.

ronnyd said:
I'd almost be happy for Moon to go to the raiders, hes deserves better than the treatment he has got here. Him and Carney would be a pretty good halves combo. Wonder if the fact his brother had a failed stint down will affect him tho.

I completely agree, the club has screwed him over and he is still staying. I hope for his sake he gets a great offer and goes so he finally gets a chance to play some 5/8th.

ronnyd said:

Agreed. And the move would come at a time where his services here may have finally been required on a more permanent basis (from next season). Hopefully we can keep him, but I certainly wouldn't blame him one bit for doing a runner.

Jeza23 said:
We cant afford to lose Moon at the moment, it is that simple.

I also heard on Friday night that Sammy Thaiday is keen on joining the Dragons next year under WB. Is he even off contract at the end of this year?

I don't know but wow, that would be the worst news possible.

As for lyn's post above, I'd rather see Hunt at FB, Moon in the centres (if we keep him), Eastwood at lock and Hoffman on the opposite wing to Folau.

Jeza23 said:

Who did you hear that from?

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.