Broncos player retention

I would have thought Sammy would more than likely go home to Townsville if he was to leave the Broncos.

Anyhow I think Bruno needs to be on the look out for a hooker and a few props for next season. We need to strengthen our depth up for next year.

Beads6 said:
I would have thought Sammy would more than likely go home to Townsville if he was to leave the Broncos.

Anyhow I think Bruno needs to be on the look out for a hooker and a few props for next season. We need to strengthen our depth up for next year.

Quite! But do we have the money in the bank?

Money in the bank isn't the issue. Salary cap is a different story.

Jeza23 said:
We cant afford to lose Moon at the moment, it is that simple.

I also heard on Friday night that Sammy Thaiday is keen on joining the Dragons next year under WB. Is he even off contract at the end of this year?

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Tell me who told you or where you heard it, then I'll give him a ring and ask him myself.

rnabokov said:
Beads6 said:

I doubt it, we must have small amout of money in the kitty for a few small signings. The Sunday Mail had a small article in it about Henjak likely to welcome back Costigan with open arms next season if the Broncos can afford him.

Aeetee said:
Jeza23 said:
We cant afford to lose Moon at the moment, it is that simple.

I also heard on Friday night that Sammy Thaiday is keen on joining the Dragons next year under WB. Is he even off contract at the end of this year?

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Tell me who told you or where you heard it, then I'll give him a ring and ask him myself.

Gazza told me that and also one of the Ant's as well.

Gazza was getting pretty fired up about it all, especially the Ennis debacle and that fact that we are only getting Falou in return.

I dont know whether to believe Gaz or not but it wouldnt surprise me if Sammy went.

Well I'd wonder who Gazza heard it from. I've spoken to Sam and his brother in the past and neither are particularly huge fans of Bennett, so I can't see Sam following him.

rnabokov said:
Beads6 said:

I reckon we would have some money under the cap, losing Kemp, Hannant and Ennis so far

Coxy said:
Well I'd wonder who Gazza heard it from. I've spoken to Sam and his brother in the past and neither are particularly huge fans of Bennett, so I can't see Sam following him.

Aye. I still remember a few years back where Bennett was continually leaving him out of the side no matter what. He was playing the house down in QLD Cup, yet Bennett would never select him. [icon_non

And on at least one occasion left Thaiday on the bench for the full 80 minutes while his team was struggling to hang on to a win. Some fresh forward power would've been useful. (He's done it to Taylor this year too).

Put it this way, Sam was very disillusioned a few years ago and was considering his options. His mum basically told him to stop being a sook and prove Wayne wrong, not prove him right by running away.

Coxy said:

Tell the truth I am beginning to wonder whether WB has the same appeal to players as he did a few years ago.

I am sure a lot of players used to stay for less, but I think that might be the club and brisbane in general moreso then the coach.

One thing is for sure;

Gazza Roks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Meat77 said:
If Gaza aka Gazza is now the gospel for all Bronco related news then god help us all!

I thought the same thing.

Was hilarious on Friday night, I was speaking with Parker after the game and Gaza came upto him and asked him to sign a footy card. Gaza put his jumper and drink on the ground. Parker did it happily and then a little kid ran up and asked if he could get a photo with him before he got on the bus. Parker told the boy to be careful of Gaza's stuff and not to knock over the drink. I looked at him and laughed, then he laughed. Gaza had no idea what was going on but I know he would have been cut if the kid knocked over his drink! [icon_lol1.

I was gonna say the same thing, but I didn't know if any of his close mates read the forum so thought I'd best leave well enough alone! [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Old Mate
  • peter09
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Ronald
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • whykickamoocow
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • Fatboy
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.