Broncos player retention

DIY manager Te'o a very busy fellow
Andrew Webster | June 18, 2008

BOOM Wests Tigers back-rower Ben Te'o has personally contacted almost every club in the NRL about his future.
As the Gold Coast Titans denied speculation they had signed the 21-year-old, and the Broncos rejected claims they were poised to sign him, it has emerged Te'o has complicated his situation by negotiating his next deal on his own.

"We're limited in what we could offer him," Broncos boss Bruno Cullen said last night, a sentiment echoed by Titans chief executive Michael Searle, who is overseas.

The future of Broncos winger Darius Boyd was also no clearer last night despite being linked to the Dragons. Cullen said he had not been approached by his management about a release.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/di ... ntentSwap1

im starting to get sick of rumours and speculation. I guess its only going to get worse years to come.

spoonbled said:
im starting to get sick of rumours and speculation. I guess its only going to get worse years to come.

I will second this notion! I just wish that they would hurry up and sign or leave, so we can sort out what we are doing for the future.

If it doesnt happen the club will de-stabilise and therefore head on a downward spiral. We have too much potential to let this happen! So put simply we cant!

If we have to give up Stagg, Boyd and Moon then Te'o can stay in Sydney as far as I am concerned.

If we lose Stagg, Boyd and Moon it will have nothing to do with Te'o.

Clintos said:
If we lose Stagg, Boyd and Moon it will have nothing to do with Te'o.

Exactly. Can we all please get off this "Oh my God, if we sign someone else it means that xxxxx will have to leave" mindset.

Players come and players go. Deal with it.

Maybe I said it wrong but I believe there is only enough cash for Te'o if those three leave?

Me either. The broncos have already given those 3 permission to go elsewhere if they get a better offer, so it's not really changing anything. If they don't get a better offer, they stay, we don't sign Te'o.

Lagi Setu from the dragons is apparently a big chance to come home to us... this kid is good. We have backrowers coming out of our ears but, we need props!!!

hope we're not signing more players that will only be playing qld cup all year.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 31,00.html

Brisbane is likely to see a flurry of movement in coming days, starting with Boyd and utility back Joel Moon.

Boyd has taken up an option for next year with the Broncos but the club has told the Queensland winger it will allow him to leave if he finds a more palatable offer.

That's expected to come his way via the Dragons.

Moon is expected to announce he is leaving Brisbane for the Warriors at the end of the season.

The departure of that pair, along with the potential exit of forward David Stagg, could result in the Broncos signing Te'o.

Te'o, who is negotiating on his own behalf, has already told the Tigers he will leave at the end of the season.

I don't think we shoudl waste our money on Te'o TBH... Why would Boyd want to go to the Dragons , they have a $hit load of good backs. I don't want Boyd to go unless he is going to be playing fullback.

Beads6 said:
I don't think we shoudl waste our money on Te'o TBH... Why would Boyd want to go to the Dragons , they have a $hit load of good backs. I don't want Boyd to go unless he is going to be playing fullback.

Thats what I said to Clintos in relation to Boyd going to the dragons! He isnt going to get much of a run, Brett Morris has fullback locked down, Nightingale will not be moved, Cooper wont be moved, Gasnier wont be (so long as he stays) and I would most likely play a fully fit Sailor over Boyd.

If that is the case he wouldnt get a run in my Saints side!

Te'o wasnt great last night, what is the club seeing in him?

Jeza23 said:
Beads6 said:

Thats what I said to Clintos in relation to Boyd going to the dragons! He isnt going to get much of a run, Brett Morris has fullback locked down, Nightingale will not be moved, Cooper wont be moved, Gasnier wont be (so long as he stays) and I would most likely play a fully fit Sailor over Boyd.

If that is the case he wouldnt get a run in my Saints side!

Te'o wasnt great last night, what is the club seeing in him?

Bugger all on his performance last night. Bloody ordinary.

Te'o has loads of potential. All you have to do is look at his work from earlier in the season and you can see what he is capable of. A ballplaying backrower would be an asset to any club, and given our forward pack next year and our wealth of young backs, another quality forward is just what we need. Look at our backs in the Toyota cup. There is loads of potential there with Hoffman, You Yeh, Tupou etc yet to make an impact at NRL level. The loss of Kemp, Moon and probably Boyd paves the way for these guys. Plus we have Emmett and Manihera from the Phins. Stop worrying.

also if you remember Te'o actually scored 2 tries against us when we played them down there earlier this year.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • mitch222
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncorob
  • Organix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.